• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who Has The Last Mobile Barton!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
=[8c0re8]= said:
Just got this one 2days ago from newegg..
IDYHA 0505 VPMW
got it to 2.5[200x12.5]@1.7v
goin to play around with it more to see how much i can get out of it.

That's the newest one I've seen so far, 2 weeks newer than mine. Please post here when you've had some time to overclock it, as we are interested in your results. It seems that the IDYHA steppings are capable of 2.5-2.6 GHz on air, on average. By the way, which version of the Corsair XMS do you have, and does it pass memtest86 @ 2-2-2-3? Also, which NF7-S BIOS do you use? Just wondering, because I have an almost identical setup.

AXMG2600FQQ4C IDYHA0505MPMW arrived yesterday from NEWEGG

Let you know what happens when I get the time too play with it :cool:

A quickie went 2.6 booted @ 1.65 but needed 1.75 for prime95 stable for 4 hrs, temp max 38c

Booted into Windows @ higher but not prime stable got to figure out what the ram wants when I have time I'll see how high it'll go when I have more time.

Last edited:
douglasb said:
which version of the Corsair XMS do you have, and does it pass memtest86 @ 2-2-2-3? Also, which NF7-S BIOS do you use? Just wondering, because I have an almost identical setup.

Yes it passes memtest :) ..its the XMS Sticks from Corsairs tho i found the best CAS settings i found are @ 2-2-2-7 [get 98% bandwith in SiSoft 05]
As for the BIOS its this one D27_TaiPan_0.3_ED_Bpl_3.19_28.12.04

ATM 2.5GHZ@ 12.5x200 1.7v@ 42cfull load

=[8c0re8]= said:
Yes it passes memtest :) ..its the XMS Sticks from Corsairs tho i found the best CAS settings i found are @ 2-2-2-7 [get 98% bandwith in SiSoft 05]
As for the BIOS its this one D27_TaiPan_0.3_ED_Bpl_3.19_28.12.04

ATM 2.5GHZ@ 12.5x200 1.7v@ 42cfull load

I meant which revision of XMS is it? There are about 10 different revisions of Corsair XMS, maybe more. Anyways, it just doesn't seem possible to have tRAS be lower than tRCD + CAS and be able to pass memtest...

douglasb said:
I meant which revision of XMS is it? There are about 10 different revisions of Corsair XMS, maybe more. Anyways, it just doesn't seem possible to have tRAS be lower than tRCD + CAS and be able to pass memtest...

http://home.hawaii.rr.com/clanbft/2-2-2-3.bmp

I had the screenie of the Memtest..just need to find it an post it. Ran Memtest for 24hrs and it was ok :cool: ..no errors. As for the Ram its the XMS pc3200 2-2-2-5 sticks..if you want to know exactly which one i have to take it out and look at the serial/model/watever number it says :rolleyes: ...but like i said i get better bandwith with 2-2-2-7 timmings.

=[8c0re8]= said:
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/clanbft/2-2-2-3.bmp

I had the screenie of the Memtest..just need to find it an post it. Ran Memtest for 24hrs and it was ok :cool: ..no errors. As for the Ram its the XMS pc3200 2-2-2-5 sticks..if you want to know exactly which one i have to take it out and look at the serial/model/watever number it says :rolleyes: ...but like i said i get better bandwith with 2-2-2-7 timmings.

That's insane. Sounds like TCCD, either XMS C2 v4.1 or v4.2, most likely. Anyways, try running 2-2-2-11 and see if that doesn't help even more, since you are running an nForce2 chipset in that NF7.

2-2-2-11 is supposed to be optimal on NF2s. I suppose it really depends on the setup.

SiSoft Sandra is also nearly worthless as a comparison of real-world performance, especially in the memory bandwidth benchmarks.

So how are these new ones doing?
How many Mhz are you all getting?
I have a 2500 IQYHA 0351 MPMW that does 2.5-2.7Ghz depending on how much Voltage I throw at it.
And was basicly wondering if the new ones were hitting 2.7 easy

Quite to the contrary, it's unlikely they would outperform your chip JaY_III.

Many newer 2400+ mobiles are not hitting even 2.5 easily...

JaY_III said:
So how are these new ones doing?
How many Mhz are you all getting?
I have a 2500 IQYHA 0351 MPMW that does 2.5-2.7Ghz depending on how much Voltage I throw at it.
And was basicly wondering if the new ones were hitting 2.7 easy

The last chip I had was 2600 IDYHA 0503, and it did 2.6+ stable with 1.8v. I got it to boot @ 2.76 with 1.8v, but it wasn't stable, and I never pushed the voltage any higher, although temperatures were still pretty low. I don't think any of them hit 2.7 "easy", but some of them definitely seem capable of it. At least the 2600's do. The 2400 and 2500 chips lately seem to be a disappointment.

looks like i have no upgrade options left then and might aswell start saving for a new system/VIDEO CARD :(

only people the lastest batch of mobiles seem to be helping are people that still run desktop CPU's

...plus when you consider the extreme circuimstances where superior Athlon 64 architecture running at 'only' 2.2 GHz may outperform a hypothetical 2.8 GHz Athlon XP part...

c627627 said:
...plus when you consider the extreme circuimstances where superior Athlon 64 architecture running at 'only' 2.2 GHz may outperform a hypothetical 2.8 GHz Athlon XP part...

That probably won't happen very often, especially using most current software right now. I have a Newcastle running at 2 GHz, and it seems only marginally faster than my old XP-M at the same speed. If I clock the XP-M to 2.6 GHz, it is a little faster than the A64 at 2 GHz.

douglasb said:
That probably won't happen very often, especially using most current software right now. I have a Newcastle running at 2 GHz, and it seems only marginally faster than my old XP-M at the same speed. If I clock the XP-M to 2.6 GHz, it is a little faster than the A64 at 2 GHz.

So what you are saying is its not worth my money to upgrade from a 2.5-2.7Ghz XP?
As if i got an Athlon 64 all i would be aiming at is 2.5-2.7 with a venice core.
CPu market really sucks right now

JaY_III said:

Throwing $ at any Socket A upgrade in JaY_III's case is clearly not a good idea in the opinion of most members here, am I right?

c627627 said:
Throwing $ at any Socket A upgrade in JaY_III's case is clearly not a good idea in the opinion of most members here, am I right?

I was just wondering if i could have my cake and eat it too.
2.7Ghz at 1.65-1.7V

Back