• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who is cooling king?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=Mr_B=-

ThermalRight SP-94, SLK-948U, Swiftech MCX478-V or some other i dont know about?

I got a rack, so the motherboard is laying flat, that increases the SP94 performance a bit, and also gives me the option to use some of the heavyer coolings without fear for it to "fall" as it stands on its base... But generaly, what is the best Cpu cooler on ar to day?

Kinda need it, still havent been able to sort my heat problem on the darn prescot, i got idle temps at 50c, and load just climbs untill whatever temp i set CPU cool to kick in... "force cooling" (similar to intels own throtteling, but software controlled, if i figured it right, puts cpu in "sleep" state and wakes it up for doing work, and knocks it out again.. over and over)

Thanks guys.
B!

(edit - Brainfreeze, its offcourse SP-94 not SLK-SP94)

Last edited:
itshondo, thanks, i had allready looked at the link, and the SP-94 is on top, that with a 80mm fan... but since then it seams to have stopped progress on the list, there is none of the new odd freaky coolers made to handle the massive heat output from the prescotts really...

All since as it says, tests are no longer performed...
B!

My swiftech mcx478 is bout the same as a sp94 without the hassle of mobo removal.

something to consider.

Attachments

• cooling.jpg
    cooling.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 359
ditto ditto ditt dit dit dittlalala ditladodladey... *goes away confused but happily singing*

Thanks guys, a SP-94 it is .. as soon as i have fond a good resseller here in sweden, should not be hard...

B!

tekOC said:

I ditto that ditto after the ditto before that ditto.

Did you just ditto the ditto that I dittoed or did you ditto my ditto because I dont think you can ditto a ditto that has already been dittoed.

How is that since the thermalright don't come with a fan?

Because Thermalright is good enough to buy without a fan. I know almost everyone here would pay good money for just the heatsink. Besides they gotta buy fans....ones that we probably will never use.

Why would they want to waste the money? :beer:

Sentential said:

Because Thermalright is good enough to buy without a fan. I know almost everyone here would pay good money for just the heatsink. Besides they gotta buy fans....ones that we probably will never use.

Why would they want to waste the money? :beer:

You lost me on that one. I want to know how his ht-101 by Aero cool is quieter then the Thermalright when the Thermalright HS alone dont make any noise. Now if it came with a fan then maybe he could have a point. The fact is is that the Thermalright will spank the Aero Cool in cooling and that is what really matters.

Dubbin1 said:

You lost me on that one. I want to know how his ht-101 by Aero cool is quieter then the Thermalright when the Thermalright HS alone dont make any noise. Now if it came with a fan then maybe he could have a point. The fact is is that the Thermalright will spank the Aero Cool in cooling and that is what really matters.

Found what I've been waiting for and the Aerocool doesn't eactly get spanked.

It is 1.5 degrees C warmer at idle and 2 degrees C warmer at load then the SP-97. It is the same at load as the 900a and 2 degrees cooler at load then the 900a. If they used a push pull configuration I'll bet the Aerocool would cool as well as the SP-97 as well as ejecting much of the hot air. Keep in mind at higher cfm fans would definitly favor the SP-97, but for quite cooling the HT-101 is a great choice.

The HT-101 is a great cooler for someone looking for a quite cooling solution.

Back