• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will my new coolermaster hyper 212+ work with my mobo ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jrdnj15

Registered
i just purchased the coolermaster hyper 212+ for my cpu because im planning to do some overclocking however when this heatsink got here i was amazed at how big it was. It is actually so tall it sticks out of the case to the point where i cannot put the side back on. That is an easy fix though im just gonna use some spacers to make the case about a 1/2" wider and use a piece of plexiglass as a new side =] But my main concern right now is since i have a micro ATX mobo will this heatsink still work the way it is suppose to? When i was eyeballing everything last night trying to get some ideas the one thing that bothered me is how close everything is since the board is so tiny.

mobo: Gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128529&name=AMD-Motherboards

Heatsink: Coolermaster Hyper 212+
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065&name=CPU-Fans-Heatsinks

It should fit but,depending on the orientation of your ram sockets and the height of your ram it may be a problem but it never was for me.

yah i mean i have not actually put it in yet just kinda just eyeballed it and it looks like it will clear everything my main thing was how close it is to the vid card and ram i just want to make sure that thing will actually do its job cooling instead of the complete opposite and actually make the machine hotter

Just make sure you have a way to get that hot air out of your case effectively.

Sir, would like to ask if you already installed it in and got it working because I'm hesitating to buy it coz I also have a matx motherboard like yours which is gigabyte a55m-ds2 and using 2 sticks of ram with heat spreaders. Thanks!

Sorry for the late response but i have not got around to putting it in yet probably sometime this evening but i will def get back to u when i get it all setup to let you know the outcome. i have read a lot of forums i do not see it being a huge issue as long as your bringing cool air in and exhausting the hot air out.

Back