• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will my power supply work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

midlight21

Hello, I just bought an XFX Radeon HD 6770 for myself for Christmas (yay!) and I plan on buying a second soon to use in crossfire. These are replacing the Asus EAH5550 video card I currently have. I have an OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular Power Supply. Will this power supply be adequate for this set up? I've looked at power supply calculators however I want to know what you guys think. Current full specs:

Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced
MSI 785G-E53 AM3 785G ATX Motherboard
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular Power Supply
AMD Phenom II X2 560 Black Edition unlocked to x4
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Heatsink
8GB Avexir DDR3 PC10600 Memory
Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB
LITE-ON 24X DVD Writer Black SATA Model
ASUS EAH5550 Video Card
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Heatsink
Microsoft Wireless Desktop 3000 Keyboard and Mouse

TIA!

That will be plenty. You could probably even crossfire 6970's and get away with it. Just make sure your CPU doesn't hold back the potential of those two cards :)

Well.....if THAT happens....I guess I'll just have to upgrade again! :D The 5550 is going in an HTPC eventually anyway...no prob if there's a few more parts to accompany it.

That will be plenty. You could probably even crossfire 6970's and get away with it. Just make sure your CPU doesn't hold back the potential of those two cards :)

Ha ha ha ha.....dude...you are so right! The Phenom II X2 560 unlocked to 4 cores hits 40 to 70% utilization in combo with the 6770 at max settings on the piddly little game I like to play, lol. I wouldn't dare install another 6770 and crossfire them until I upgrade the processor...which might include a mobo upgrade too. Good thing I'm good for now as far as graphics are concerned. :) Maybe a little more life out of my year old build before I upgrade again.

Back