• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Win7 Home Prem OEM reuse?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pzykotik

(PLEASE READ: did some searches here and there, but OC.com seems to be the only place where you can get STRAIGHT TO THE POINT answers...)

I encountered a problem once I reinstalled my Win7 HomePrem OEM on a new hdd.

Same computer, different hdd.

I also learned that it shouldn't be a problem, OEM or not. But it is to me.

What should I do?

Ok, I'll bite... what was the problem? I assume from the bits you posted that its saying its not legit and to reactivate or whatever? It should give you MS's number, call that, tell them the info they need (or do the automated process) and you should be fine.

Oh, okay. Simple as that? I'll give it a try. (Sorry about not leaving enough info on the problem, but nice guess!) (Didn't want to have to contact them directly, but if it's the only way...)

When you activate it should allow you to do it through prompts and not a real person... should take about 5 mins. :)

Usually when you call and do the automated activation over the phone it works without having to talk to anyone.

Only had to talk to someone once whwn I used the same serial key on 4 different computers and I just told him I been doing work on my comp and been re-installing windows a lot and he got it activated for me.

Back