• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 Locked Me Out of My Own Tower!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MM7600

Registered
Hi Guys, First, in my new Windows 7 Pro, Flash Player stopped working and I need it for my original music web site. Now I'm totally locked out altogether and I never changed anything! I hate the welcome screen! I hate passwords! Unless my dog can hack into the machine with his big paws on my keyboard, I see no reason for passwords. I'm the only one here for craps sake! They should have a version for people who don't need passwords!!!

Anyone have a clue for me? I see there is a way to burn a CD with downloaded data that gets you in but not sure if that's a smart way to go???

You don't have to use a password...

I would suggest a system repair to a point before you lost access, you can get to this by inserting your Windows 7 install disk and choosing the repair options.

Thanks man..

You know I tried to run my install disc but nothing happened. I can check out the BIOS area perhaps to see what's going on in there... thnx

You don't have to use a password...

I would suggest a system repair to a point before you lost access, you can get to this by inserting your Windows 7 install disk and choosing the repair options.

Bios will not help if you're trying to log on win7. Have you tried your password hint to remember the password used?

You know I tried to run my install disc but nothing happened. I can check out the BIOS area perhaps to see what's going on in there... thnx

Did it not even prompt you to boot from disc? The only thing the bios will help you will is to change the boot priority of the drives so you can boot from disc first. Other than that as Nebulous mentioned it will not help with password recovery.

You need to make you're DVD drive the first boot drive in you're bios, if you want to run you're install disc.

Edit: ^^^^^ ninjad^^^^^

Back