• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would appreciate some help with updating my motherboard P7P55D-E Evo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglepi

I am running Windows 7 32 it and I am going to do a fresh install of 64 bit and would like to know which motherboard updates are needed and suggested.

*** PLEASE NOTE, I respect everyone on here and I value your opinions but in the past I have had many replies to my posts with advice I didn't need.

I know most of you want to get as much out of your MB as possible but I just want a good stable system. Please do not try to experiment with my MB with suggestions to do things I really don't need.

With hat said, anyone who can help me with what I need I will appreciate it very much.

Just go to the Asus website and DL the latest drivers for the board, chipset, NIC, Audio, USB, etc. Done.

You said, "do not try to experiment with my MB with suggestions to do things I really don't need." And updating your bios falls in to that category...unless something isnt working properly in which I would update that.

NIC - Network Interface Card, your ethernet port, the web.

So if I am not having any issues with win 7 32 bit I should leave it alone even though I am upgrading to 64 bit ? I DO NOT want to ruin my system so if I need to do nothing then that is what I want to do.. however I read that it is best to update all bios and drivers for a motherboard.

Confused

If you're upgrading from 32bit to 64bit, then just install all the required updates/drivers. No need to update the bios.

This is the basis of my question what are needed or required?

BIOS and Windows are two completely different things...I would upgrade to 64bit OS to see all the memory. But thats not up to me...

You can update the bios if you would like, but Im trying to follow your first post mantra. If you would like to ironically break that, go ahead and update the bios :). However, as I mentioned if everything is working, its not needed.

This is the basis of my question what are needed or required?
My posts answered that!

Thank for the replies.. I got generic answers not specific but that is OK. I thought we have our system info in our signature so people can see what we have and give us detailed advice.. sorry for misunderstanding.

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned the experimenting with my system thing.. now I get attitude not help

Thank for the replies.. I got generic answers not specific but that is OK. I thought we have our system info in our signature so people can see what we have and give us detailed advice.. sorry for misunderstanding.

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned the experimenting with my system thing.. now I get attitude not help

What attitude? You asked for the help and we gave you the answers to help you. :confused:

For 64bit all you need to do is install the drivers for your motherboard for 64bit. Install the windows updates for your 64bit. That's it, easy peasy.

What attitude? You asked for the help and we gave you the answers to help you.*

Eagle, as a pure observer the only attitude I've seen is your own. I feel it requires mentioning. I'm not trying to stir the pot but I think you need my position as well as that of the poster above to sink in a bit as none of the highly respected and very well informed members who have given you answers have had any attitude problem whatsoever. Additionally, you have not gotten 'generic answers'. They have been correct answers.

Sir, you have no attitude from me (or anyone else in this thread). I apologize if I came off that way (though it seems others are perplexed at your assertion as well). It was certainly not my intent. I was merely working in the parameters you had set forth (and still get crap for doing it?!).

As far as generic answers, what more do you want (serious question)? I told you EXACTLY what drivers you should have ready for a windows installation, and exactly why I would upgrade to W7 64bit.........looking at the system in your signature. I dont get it. :rain: :shrug:

Oh well, GL with your upgrade! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Trolls.... that is a term that people who live on forums use.. get a life

eaglepi, I'd suggest minding your manners before you find the need to get a new place to ask for help. Prior to the implication of trolling, no one in this thread was hostile but you.

I simply stated that because I posted that I didn't want any to experiment with my MB I was getting attitude. That was fact I did get attitude, thus the troll comment. Was that person adviced to settle down?

I will not try to prolong this thread but I have to defend myself

Yes, they were. I also edited that comment out if you'll look above "Last edited by hokiealumnus; Today at 01:47 PM."

You were absolutely getting attitude. "I knew I shouldn't have mentioned the experimenting with my system thing.. now I get attitude not help"

No one above that post gave attitude. No one. As Nebulous said "You asked for the help and we gave you the answers to help you."

The only person posting negatively in this thread before the troll comment (which was rectified) was you.

I am sorry to anyone involved if they thought I was posting anything negative. Sometimes when you are blunt and feel you are not getting the help you need it may appear to be negative.

I was asking questions and I was getting generic answers and it was obvious that the people trying to help me felt limited by my mention to not experiment with my system.

This is not negative but just facts, people in here are most interested in overclocking which is understandable becasue it is a overclockers forum.

I come here becasue most are very knowledgeable in computer in general and not just overclocking. In the past people have advised me to do things that caused more problems than I had and that was becasue people have different ideas on what is best and in here it often means doing things that improve the performance to a computer.

I asked for a good cooling heatsink one time and got about 4-6 replies saying I should go with water cooled. it may be a great way but it wasn't what I wanted so this time I wanted to be clear so people who wanted to suggest things I didn't need or want wouldn't waste their time replying to my post.

I guess I shouldn't have used the word "experimenting" because that puts a negative tone in peoples mind and then I get replies like I did. I was looking for specific things I had to do and I was getting general things like "just update the drivers" I guess I was looking for more specific answer from someone who may have just done what I am about to do.

I am sorry to those who tried to help me I didn't mean to be rude,it was not my intend.. as for the troll comment I am not a troll just someone who was looking for some help.

When someone suggest something and a person doesn't agree with it or doesn't want to do it then the person replying shouldn't feel that is negative.

Thanks for the post. A couple of us were perplexed as we (thought) we provided everything you needed within the contraints given. Lets start over...Peace and love (-Ringo Starr) all around. :)

Is there any other details you feel you need at this point that we missed? Your updating does only consist of updating the drivers (the latest at the website). NIC, Audio, Chipset/Intel drivers, USB, can all be found at the website.

Install OS, Install Chipset drivers, Install GPU drivers, then the rest. Then Windows update. I hope that helps a bit more.

Back