• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTF!!! 53C load @ stock w/ SP-94...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I agree with computerpro3. Your problem is your case temp. There is a direct relationship with this temp and CPU/Diode temps. If your case temp goes down, so will the others. Somehow your case is trapping or not ventilating enough to exhaust the heat. What kind of case do you have? Make sure you have an inlet and outlet for your case. Also make sure you have enough fans to help direct the air inside your case. Finally, make sure your case is not sitting or near a heater...lol. Good luck!

Sniper.nkc said:
I agree with computerpro3. Your problem is your case temp. There is a direct relationship with this temp and CPU/Diode temps. If your case temp goes down, so will the others. Somehow your case is trapping or not ventilating enough to exhaust the heat. What kind of case do you have? Make sure you have an inlet and outlet for your case. Also make sure you have enough fans to help direct the air inside your case. Finally, make sure your case is not sitting or near a heater...lol. Good luck!

My case is in my previous post in this thread.

My case is on a shelf of my desk near the floor, kind of tucked in the corner. It prolly doesn't get the freshest air down there either... I've been considering ideas of trying to get more fresh air to the computer.

I've been considering getting a smaller fan near my desk to push some cooler air to my rig...

my case had a very similar setup before i modded it (also only 1 exhaust in the back), temps were horrible. All you have to do (assuming you have a drill) is go buy an 72mm holesaw bit for like 8 bucks and attach it to your drill, and then cut 2 holes in the back of the case and mount 2 80mm fans there. If you use a holesaw it will look professionally done, due to the fact that the bits are perfectly round. I didnt even need filing. As for the fans, I suggest the evercool aluminum ones because 27DBA and 37CFM is unbeatable. I guarantee you a big drop in all temps. Your case has more than enough intake, but not nearly enough exhaust. LED fans are usually not great performers either. If you add another exhausting 80mm fan with the 5 min mod, your componets life will be extended, as well as your overclocking headroom.

I don't see how there is enough room to cut a new exhaust hole on the back of my case. Are you talking about a top blowhole???

Would it help if I switched direction of my top side intake over the cpu??? Make that one into an exhaust isntead of an intake???

BTW: Speaking of exhaust... here's my psu.

Also, would replacing my top rear exhaust with one of these help???

Last edited:
Dart try putting the Tornado on the HS.Put the 92mm in the rear
exhaust.And try turning up that PSU fan.Keep your flow up &
temps down,THE FANMAN:cool:

Check out this thread DART:LINK

Last edited:
I've got my 2 side intakes on low. The front intake is at full speed. I've got my psu fan cranked to high, and my rear exhaust on high too. This configuration seems to cool it down the fastest.

I also should prolly mention this too: I'm getting a new side panel soon. My mod-job on the clear plastic part of the panel for my bottom side intake didn't work out so well. I'll be getting a new stock side panel soon. I'll be ordering it early next week, so I'm assuming it'll get here in a week or two after I send in for the RMA. So my bottom intake on the side panel is going away...

I'll prolly end up getting a Tornado or 2, and play around w/ putting them in different positions...

So for good airflow, I need to have more air leaving then coming in, right??? If I stick the 80mm Tornado on the back of the case, and turn my intakes down to a lower speed (keeping in mind that I'll only have 2 intakes soon), that should give me an improvement in my airflow???

YellowDart said:
So for good airflow, I need to have more air leaving then coming in, right??? If I stick the 80mm Tornado on the back of the case, and turn my intakes down to a lower speed (keeping in mind that I'll only have 2 intakes soon), that should give me an improvement in my airflow???

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

You want more air in than out.

Otherwise your going to create a vacuum sucking in dust in from every crevice of your case.

Have you removed the fan restricters yet?Did you read that thread?More air leaving than coming in is a negative pressure setup.The thing to keep in mind is that most of the heat is produced in the rear of the case.This air must be exited as soon as possible at the rear exhaust.So the faster you get the hot out it is replaced with cooler air sooner. THE FANMAN:cool:

OK.... so if I get 2 80mm Tornado's, and stick one at the top rear exhaust, and one in the bottom front intake position. Should I see an improvement.

From what I'm gathering here, I need more air coming in AND leaving my case. Right now, I have 3 34 CFM intake fans running. I don't know what ratings my psu fan and my rear exhaust...

After replacing my side panel with the new stock panel, how does this setup sound???

Rear 80mm tornado @ 84.1 cfm exhaust
PSU exhaust (120mm) @ ??? (guessing it's pretty high)
front bottom 80mm intake @ 84.1
side top intake Antec blu led @ 34 cfm

That setup would pull a lot more air through my case, do you think that would help me out at all???

Last edited:
Have you removed the restricter plates.You will gain 40% more CFM if you do.Even if you put the Tornados in you need to remove the restricter plates.Get AOL instant messenger:
THE FANMAN:cool:

archilochus said:
Have you removed the restricter plates.You will gain 40% more CFM if you do.Even if you put the Tornados in you need to remove the restricter plates.Get AOL instant messenger:
THE FANMAN:cool:

Alright dood... I'll dl it over the weekend.

I'll have to grab those snips from my father-in-law again... The only thing I'm a little wary of w/ installing a tornado on my front intake, is the fan doesn't screw on. I think it might be too tall to fit in the fan bracket. I may end up w/ a Panaflo there. Is there any other fan that can push as much CFM as a 80mm Tornado that's got the standard 80mm fan dimensions???

Thats just it most of the higher (100 cfm +) fans have a thicker
body. 38mm or 32mm.Just get some long screws and nuts or
screw it from the front with some fan screws.(the ones that come with some fans).The only size diff. is the thickness of the fans body.We can do a 7volt mod on the Tornado's.You have a fan controller ,right. What is the load capacity per channel?What brand? THE FANMAN:cool:

Dart newegg has the panaflo 80x25mm ultras,get 2 and 2 tails.
A12U X2 ....:eek: $8 a pop!:)
FAN LINK

WIRE LINK

I can't find these darn things at newegg!!!!
But you need 2 if you get the Panaflo's

Dart you might try going here and read up on some of the issues presented.

CORSAIR LINK

DFI REVIEW LINK

Last edited:
Thanks for linky!

I've read the review from bleedin edge before. There's a few ppl in their forums w/ my board, just because that Promethius guy gave it a good review.

As for the fans, how do those Thermaltake Smartfan II's do. I noticed they are capable of around 4800 rpm pushing 75 cfm. The 80mm Tornados are only doing just over that @ 84 cfm. I think they're rated faster than the Panaflo's. Those Tt's are the right dimentions that I wouldn't have to do any more modding to get them to fit my case too... I could prolly run to Fry's and pick a couple up next week. Let me know what you all think! :D

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!

I have a TT smart fan 2 and i love it. It is much quieter than a tornado (about 10DB) and puts out almost as much air. It does get loud though, at full speed, but it comes with a speed adjuster, so you really cant go wrong. It's so powerful that i have it on my CPU as do many others. Great fan.

How much do you think it would help my case temps if I picked up 2 of them (1 in my top rear exhaust, and one on my bottom front intake)???

From what I'm gathering, I really need a higher volume of air coming through my case, right???

Also, are the TT smartfan 2's manually controlled, or do they have a temp diode in them that allows them to automatically control themselves??? Or do they come w/ something like a fanmate, like the Zalman 7000 alcu?

yea these fans are sweet. IT might even completley fix your problem provided you removed the fan grids restricting airflow. You can comtrol them manually via speed knob, temperature controlled, or full speed.

Sweet! I'll grab a couple of them when I get a chance. I've got the fan grid cut off the front of intake position of my case, but there is that plastic bezel directly in front of the fan. I think that might be restricting airflow too, although there is an open area at the bottom of that bezel, so some fresh air can get in there...

If I were you I would cut out the fan grid area first and see the results before buying new fans. When I did it I was amazed at the results. I couldn’t even feel much air coming through before I cut out the restrictive area…You might not need new fans If you get the ones you have working properly.

Back