• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X61 rattling woes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raskolnikov

Registered
Hi,

Recently (maybe a few days ago), my NZXT x61 Kraken started making some kind of rather distracting rattling noise. According to preliminary online searches, it seems to be a relatively common occurrence, either for this model or others. I tried my best to get some decent audio and video proof, which I have attached to this message; audio has been augmented by 300 percent in Virtual Dub, though.

Playing around with AI Suite II, the BIOS, or CAM, did not fix the problem. I did update my BIOS since then, don't know if it could be related. There's way more options than in the past. (ASUS Rampage IV)

25% Fan Speed:
100% Fan Speed:

Last edited:
Please record it at standard settings as its hard to tell how loud it is once its been amplified. Now it just sounds loud in general along with the fans or any noise really.

It could be bubbles lodged in there. Try moving around the case with the radiator to that AIO unit at the highest point.

What case is this and can you position your radiator above the pump? A few side pictures of your internals and case would be helpful.

Back