• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x99 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX not booting up in 3200 if more than 16GB installed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rozhabrev

Registered
Hi,

It's my first time doing overclocking so I trying to not doing something extraordinary, just basic guide steps. By the way I have a problem impossible to solve with my knowledge.

I have Asus X99-Deluxe, i7-5960x, CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (4 sets of 2x8gb), Titan X 12, Corsair RM1000.

If I turn on XMP (2133 to 3200) in BIOS than only 16GB of RAM boots up successfully. 32 and more returns "bd" on Motherboard and even POST not loading. Clear CMOS is the only way to deal with it and I have no idea why it's going wrong?

I've tried frequency slightly less than 3200 and nothing changed. It works only on basic 2133.

Not sure what to type in search field to find this problem. Hope you can help.

Have you tried lower speeds with more than 16GB?

Is the BIOS up to date?

Tried 3000, 2800 with 32GB. Just tried 2400 and 2200 on 64GB. Same result.

BIOS version 2001 (up to date)

I'm assuming you're running 1.35V for the DRAM? If not, try that. If so, try 1.4V.

Can you post a direct link to the PDF of your manual from Asus? I can't get their site to load on my phone.

Well, unfortunately, there was nothing listed for your two codes.

I'm wondering if you have kits that just aren't going to play nicely together...

Not sure what happens but now it's not booting up windows at all. Even with 16gb ram with default settings in BIOS. Just restarting after BIOS setting set to default and shows BD, than CMOS Reset and again. With different modules.

With one module shows error 53 which is Memory initialisation error.

Revert to factory BIOS ver and it booting up again well with 64Gb. So will try to use different settings again with factory BIOS.

Maybe it was either a corrupt BIOS or conflict with something in the BIOS update. If so, glad you found it!

I found how to turn on 64GB in 2133 again not in 3200. So will try to update bios to something between factory and newest version.

I hope you find something that works at full speed. I'm out of ideas now personally.

Back