• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x99 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX not booting up in 3200 if more than 16GB installed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Find that Pc boots up with Mem Freq set to 2800 and all other settings to auto. Except CPU to 4,5GHZ with 1.3v.

On 3000 with auto setting it shows up 67 code. With manual adjusted DRAM Voltage to 1.35 it shows up code 55 which in Memory not installed.

With 3200 same way it shows up BF or BD code.

I would try raising VCCSA again now that you've found some settings that work.
Running all 8 DIMM's is hard on the IMC and typically requires a slight voltage bump.
Let's go for 1.15V on VCCSA this time and see if it'll run higher.

Sorry. Just to be sure. VCCSA is CPU System Agent Voltage in BIOS, right?

No luck with up to 1.25v on VCCSA. 2800 didn't passes stress test by the way. So trying 2400 now just to be sure.

4500 CPU 1.3v + 2600 RAM 1.25v (64GB) stable. Max core temp is 82 on 10-hour AIDA stress test, average temp is 70.

I have a theory that CPU just can't boot up 64GB RAM because of overheating. Without voltage adjustments on 2600 RAM and auto settings max temp was too high (about 100 degrees in peaks). Is this theory possible? Or may be I shall try something else?

Booting with 64GB+ is not related to temps. Higher frequency at higher capacity memory depend from IMC, memory profiles and motherboard. Simply you won't be able to set 4x 16GB kits which were not designed for this platform as 64GB 3200 without manual adjustments of nearly everything. There are barely any kits designed for X99 above 2666 just because of compatibility issues with some boards. The same it's much harder to set 8 memory modules than 4 and not all memory slots are working the same ( at the same max frequency ).
There are too many factors which can affect memory stability at 8 modules and higher frequency to make one straight guide how to set everything. It's not even guaranteed you will be able to run it higher.

If you see any 5x error code then it's related to memory. If you see 3x then it's IMC. If you see bd or something not described in the manual ( or something that shouldn't appear at all and freezes ) then it's general instability. If it stops at 00 then it can be stability or CPU issue ( sometimes BIOS issue too ).

Thank you for you informative answer. At least I start to understand what is going on in my PC now. Thank you!

CPUID Shows RAM FSB Ratio 52:4. Seem a little bit strange to me. Am I did something totally wrong?

I know this sounds like a theory, and it is because I have no facts or tests to back it up, but Ive found as memory generations come along, DDR, DDR2, DDR3 etc, the mixing and combining of multiple kits gets more and more difficult, it seems these increases in speed, density, no. channels etc, has an profound effect when it comes to mixing kits which may be from different batches, but hey its probably just the way I see it, the more I study into computer architecture the more it sounds like magic/non-logical..

Changed standard SATA SSD to M.2 Samsung 950 PRO. System became unstable in AIDA64 tests. It became stable again with basic 2133 RAM. Is it System Agent Voltage or I'm missing something?

And does it means that I need to change OC settings every time I change HDDs and PCIs

Last edited:
Back