• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x99 motherboard damaged?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

veme

hey.

i have a problem with GA-X99-SLI motherboard. few weeks ago i was starting my computer normally and it froze on windows 10 logo. i tried to restart it but it froze on motherboard logo again so then i tried to boot from usb but it froze again on black screen and i was confused. i could get into bios but it just wont boot. i tried to boot without ram and there was no beeps and i think its broken or there is just something wrong with the bios or something. i tried with different motherboard and it booted into windows 10 normally but there is still no beeps without ram on that motherboard either. i really dont know what is wrong with the x99 sli so please help me. any help is appreciated. and fans are running normally too. this is my first thread so it may be a bit unclear. and sorry if my english is not very good.

To me it kind of sounds more like a Windows issue than a board issue. Are you using a Broadwell CPU? Have you updated to the newest BIOS for your mobo F24c

my cpu is 5820k overclocked to 4.2ghz. i think i have never updated bios. i will update it when i get home.
edit: 4.3ghz

It could be a fix, some of the latest Win10 updates were wreaking havoc on the X99 platform. Hopefully it's that easy. I would suggest reverting to defaults in BIOS prior to updating

If that doesn't work, try installing windows on a different drive (unplug the other while doing this so the boot loader doesn't bork/get in the way) and see if the drive is crapping out. If the BIOS update does work, check the drive for errors just in case. :)

cant boot to usb so cant install windows 10 to my old hdd. i can only get into bios

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

i get home tomorrow so its gonna take some time before i can try anything

Did you try running stock everything?:shrug: you're overclocked and perhaps if it was stable yesterday, it isn't anymore today?

Not likely, if you can get to BIOS then the HW appears to be functioning.

Different board but I went through the same type of issues with Win10 and come to find out it was my pump on cooler failing and its was overheating

Not likely, if you can get to BIOS then the HW appears to be functioning.

okay thats good to know

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Different board but I went through the same type of issues with Win10 and come to find out it was my pump on cooler failing and its was overheating

but the cpu cooler fan is spinning and i dont think its broken

His point it it could be overheating due to some cooling problem. Go ahead and check your CPU temp in the bios. Should be in the low 30c range depending on ambient temp. Did you try flashing the bios?

From experience, Learned the hard way (I've Killed 2 x99/R5E's and damaged another along with RMA 2x i7-5960x)
If you can boot to the BIOS the board is Ok so far. In the BIOS look for USB settings and make sure they are all turned on.
You should be able to select the USB disk to flash the BIOS. If not try another USB drive/USB slot. From the WEB (RFM) you have Q-Flash to update BIOS.
Set everything back to stock..No OC CPU/MEM/M2 Drive.
Switch to a different Video Card. You are getting past the boot process but failing at the OS stage.
I killed one of my R5E's, i7-5960x, and a MSI GTX-460 HAWK just from ESD (Electro Static Discharge).
The last thing to try is to reinstall Windows 10.

Back