• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X99 Rampage V 5930k O/C problem BSOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dreamer3381

Brand new system.

Corsair 900d
Rampage V
H100i cooler
AX1200i
16bg corsair Dominator Platinum 2800
2x Samsung Evo 256 Raid0
Win 7 ultimate fresh install
Bios update
2x 6950 GPU

On stock settings it will boot to windows and stress test on all platforms passes fine. However, any change to the multiplier, vcore, dram frequency, results in Blue screen of death after windows logo on boot up. I have been tuning and trying everything for 20 hours now, nothing works. I finally went Into the AIsuite and did the 5 way optimization and chose the 4.4ghz CPU setting and let it reboot and windows loads and no issues. Checked the CPU-Z and it is at 1.31 volts and 4.4ghz. I tested all stress tests and it remains stable at 4.4 and never exceeding greater then 69 degrees. Okay so then I rebooted and went into the bios and saw that the tuning used the XMP 3000 setting and I didn't change anything, just left without saving and no changes and again.. BSOD at windows logo. Never changing anything it doesn't makes sense. I am forced to go back to stock settings and retune and if I reboot and never enter the bios it will load and boot at and remain at 4.4 stable. Changing anything or even going into the bios has the same effect, windows won't load. I am not seeing any high temps, bad voltages, nothing. I am preplexed. Strange note upon BSOD, my Intel raid controler seems to vanish and it boots right to bios and after doing a hard reset it is fine again but still the same results on anything but stock settings or 4.4 tune and left alone.

Could my CPU be bad?
Memory bad?
Motherboard bad?

I need major help please. Oh and my BSOD error is the common Machine Exception.

Try setting the memory manually at 1600 mhz for now. Check the timings and voltage to make sure they are appropriate for 1600 mhz. You can find them on the manufacturer's website or under the "SPD" tab of CPU-z. I would also disable the APM stuff in bios for the CPU such as Turbo, Speedstep and C6, C1E. Then retry your manual overclock.

Last edited:
Are you using XMP profile? If so the BCLK should be setting automatically to 125, at which point you have to play with the CPU ratios and memory speed to get it dialed in correctly..

I tried both suggestions and no luck. I can't get anything to boot but the stock settings and the 4.4 tune from windows and if I try and change anything after that it BSOD at windows boot. The 4.4 tune is XMP 3000, but the blk is default 100 and if I change it it errors still. I wanna bring back the cpu and or the motherboard also but I wanna do that as a last resort. Any other suggestions?

Have you tried basic things like taking all the RAM out except one stick and testing each stick one a time in each slot? And have you tested the RAM with Memtest86+? I have a feeling this has something to do with the RAM.

Have you looked at the mini dump files for clues as to what is causing the blue screens? There is a free program called WhoCrashed that will help you analyze the mini dump info. I was having and occasional blue screen a month or so ago and it turned out to be a bad video card driver. WhoCrashed pinpointed it.

Stripping the system down to bare essentials, test and then start adding things back in is also a tried and true troubleshooting approach. Especially remove any unneeded USB devices.

You might also try rolling back the bios if all else fails.

Last edited:
Back