• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xbox 360 for $100 on Turkey Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I logged into Amazon 20 minutes early. I even copied my e-mail so that I could paste it rapidly. When the time came with 10 seconds left I went to the reward site that I had bookmarked previously. Then it all went down the tubes and everything locked up. I kept trying even though I knew the x-boxes were flying out the window every second that passed. I did not even get a look. Very dissapointing.

My brother had 4 PCs going. On one of them he got the "get this deal" page, clicked it, added up the #'s and clicked only to get sold out at this price..

I should've got the bike... no IDEA how I could've gotten it back to Paris... but it would've made a nice gift to someone.

redrumy3 said:
we got gayed by amazon =/
How mature.

Did anyone really freaking think they had a chance to get one of these? This had over a week to make it from one end of the internet to the other. The only way to get one was by chance. Maybe a bad decision by Amazon to post such a deal, yes but get a grip. You probably have similar odds in your state lottery.

I hear the waaaAAAAAHmobile coming....

EDIT: I want to add that I played this game last Friday night with online PS3 orders at CC, Sams, Costco, EBGames/Gamestop. Same odds there. If you want to hear about ****ed off, go talk with the many thousands who purchased a PS3 from Amazon, only to get an email stating the the PS3s went on sale "accidentally", and Amazon's real stock was zero.

damarble said:
LMAO! It went for $510! So somebody just paid over $600 for a Core system! OWNED!!
no, people are just ****ed and went to skrew up the auction
trust me i talked to the seller
she got plenty of hatemail :santa2:

d94 said:
no, people are just ****ed and went to skrew up the auction
trust me i talked to the seller
she got plenty of hatemail :santa2:

Figures. Now the seller can't leave negative feedback either or she'll get a neg in retailiation.

well. now im not so mad i slept in and missed this so called deal. gg to all those who tried. i now know it would have been a waste of my time and i had much more fun dreaming about girls.

evicloudstrife FTW

I contacted Amazon.com regarding the huge problems with logging in for the sale and this is what they sent me.

Hello from Amazon.com.

Thank you for writing back about purchasing Xbox 360 as part of our
Amazon Customers Vote promotion.

We are very sorry to hear that you had difficulty using our site and
I'm sorry you were not able to purchase the item at the price you
desired before we sold out.

While we are pleased to utilize top of the line servers, internal
routers and network connections, many issues regarding speed are
actually a result of complex routing patterns over the Internet
itself. Even the best Internet services can't get around this
fundamental problem.

Nonetheless, I've passed your message on to the appropriate
department in our company for investigation, and we appreciate the
time you took to write to us.

We hope you will participate in the next rounding of voting. Thank
you for your interest in Customers Vote and for doing your holiday
shopping at Amazon.com.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:

If yes, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-y?c=afvgwffy3338863018
If not, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-n?c=afvgwffy3338863018

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept
incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help
section of our web site.

Best regards,

Shravani Gattu
Amazon.com Customer Service
http://www.amazon.com

They will always blame it on the internet and not their own servers getting hammered... oh well.

Back