• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xbox 360 for $100 on Turkey Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I noticed the spikes in server load increasing around 1:50pm EST. From 3s, to 6s, then 10s, 25s, 60s.. all within 6 minutes. As a side note, I've been fighting this awful cold for a few days now.. sneezing like a nut, going through rolls and rolls of toilet paper from blowing my nose constantly, hacking up mucus like no bodies business, etc. Well, at 11:57:51 (I had my handy "Date And Time Properties" window open) I hit refresh trying to be some smart Amazon lag-timer-engineer, when lo and behold I start hacking up.. and boy is this was one big ball of snot crawling up my throat. I could feel knots and curls, lumps and lards, a greenish-yellow oozy consistancy that's practically undescribable. This left me with a delimma on my hands, I could run to the bathroom and hack it all up and spit it in the sink, or swallow it like a champ in hopes that I can score an Xbox. What do you think I did? I got the ****ing Xbox. That's right, I actually lucked out and won one of the 1,000 Xbox 360 Core units at the unreal price of $100. WHAT A STEAL! I continued to fill out the question and account info etc etc (following exactly how the "Buying Tips" stated, as I had them open in another tab), fill in the shipping and payment, and ordered that son of a *****.

I'll take pictures with the invoice when it arrives. I don't see any point taking screenshots or coping/pasting emails. I'm not going to take flames of "false this/that" or "photoshopped" bull****.

Anyways, that was absolutely ridiculous. Now please excuse me while I go hack up my insides. Man, that was worth it.

DOH! DOH! DOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!

So bummed! I tried, and tried, o well wasnt meant to be. I guess ill ge t one in 2010, or something, when its $100 dollars again.

I hit refresh at 11:58... wasn't happening. The secured site though... wouldn't have thought of that.

mswartz said:
I noticed the spikes in server load increasing around 1:50pm EST. From 3s, to 6s, then 10s, 25s, 60s.. all within 6 minutes. As a side note, I've been fighting this awful cold for a few days now.. sneezing like a nut, going through rolls and rolls of toilet paper from blowing my nose constantly, hacking up mucus like no bodies business, etc. Well, at 11:57:51 (I had my handy "Date And Time Properties" window open) I hit refresh trying to be some smart Amazon lag-timer-engineer, when lo and behold I start hacking up.. and boy is this was one big ball of snot crawling up my throat. I could feel knots and curls, lumps and lards, a greenish-yellow oozy consistancy that's practically undescribable. This left me with a delimma on my hands, I could run to the bathroom and hack it all up and spit it in the sink, or swallow it like a champ in hopes that I can score an Xbox. What do you think I did? I got the ****ing Xbox. That's right, I actually lucked out and won one of the 1,000 Xbox 360 Core units at the unreal price of $100. WHAT A STEAL! I continued to fill out the question and account info etc etc (following exactly how the "Buying Tips" stated, as I had them open in another tab), fill in the shipping and payment, and ordered that son of a *****.

I'll take pictures with the invoice when it arrives. I don't see any point taking screenshots or coping/pasting emails. I'm not going to take flames of "false this/that" or "photoshopped" bull****.

Anyways, that was absolutely ridiculous. Now please excuse me while I go hack up my insides. Man, that was worth it.

Nice

Krusty said:
So I heard on another forum how people got in. They used the httpS amazon site to order, which wasn't getting hammered.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/holiday.html//ref=cu_vo_gw_wa/104-6816472-4136733?ie=UTF8&id=cv/homepage

So basically, we all got screwed because a bunch of people figured out how to cut in line.

Didn't work for me or any of 3 other buddies. So people don't think if you would have used the secure site you would have got one. This was pure luck. Hundreds of thousands attempting to get 1,000.

oh well, i got in on the mongoose for $60 shipped :)
now it looks like ill havta dish out $3-400
promised the dang sisters id have one :banghead:
oh well
happy tKey day everything :beer:

Biermann said:
Didn't work for me or any of 3 other buddies. So people don't think if you would have used the secure site you would have got one. This was pure luck. Hundreds of thousands attempting to get 1,000.

Bless you, you just lowered my anger level.

twEEkerAreUs said:
Just get one from Micro Center thats what I'm doing, they keep getting in new supply too.

For 100 bucks it was a steal:

System - 100 bucks
HD - 100 bucks
wl con - 40 bucks
--------------------
Total= 280 bucks for basically a platinum system

At 200 bucks

System - 200 bucks
HD - 100 bucks
wl con - 40 bucks
------------------
Total - 340 bucks. And you're basically up to the price of a platinum system which would come with all that (minus the wired controller) plus a remote and Xbox live gold in the same box for a few bucks more.

rainless said:
For 100 bucks it was a steal:

Yes Yes Yes I know it was a steal at $100, the amazon thing was a joke since nobody could get through so I'm talking about the present now. Right now Micro Center is still the best deal especially if you apply for the CC, that's $200 back. It would be nice if it was INSTANT but I'm just looking for the best deal now.

twEEkerAreUs said:
Yes Yes Yes I know it was a steal at $100, the amazon thing was a joke since nobody could get through so I'm talking about the present now. Right now Micro Center is still the best deal especially if you apply for the CC, that's $200 back. It would be nice if it was INSTANT but I'm just looking for the best deal now.
so you get $100 in rebate and $100 instant if you sign up for CC? :santa2:

wow this thread filled up... whats going on here i just got here lol. i'm sick @ home :(

d94 said:
so you get $100 in rebate and $100 instant if you sign up for CC? :santa2:

The $100 is the normal rebate on the system, if you qualify for the CC for any purchase of $399 or up (LOL @ $399 Premium Price) then you get like 13,000 points which equals $100 back. I guess it takes like a week or so for the points to drop on the card...........I'm getting this all from Fat Wallet since the store isn't open today but the rebate ends on my sheet it says 12/03/06

Its pretty obvious they will have a bunch of 360 stock for tomorrow morning, I'm looking around for other deals to pick up from Micro Center so camping out won't be a waste of time.

d94 said:
sounds good
guess ill be goin for a 37" lcd + 360

Yeah that 37" looks sweet, I know it doesn't come with a tuner but I don't really watch TV anyway but I could always just get a digital box from comcast. I've mixed reviews about 32 vs 37, how the 32 has slightly different hardware and is better?

Last edited:
WOW.... i actually thought about going to the https server, or through a proxy, but didnt do it :( looks liek i should have :(

Back