• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xps m1530 media buttons

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juane414

So I got this new xps m1530 with touch sensitive media buttons that are pretty neat, problem is, they only work with iTunes if iTunes is maximized. It would be nice to be able to pause/play, stop, and skip tracks with the media buttons without having to alt+tab to iTunes every time. I know there has to be a way to get this to work. I know that I could have iTunes minimize to the mini player and have it set so that the mini player is always on top of other apps, but is there another way? I appreciate the help.

I just realized that even with the mini player on top of everything, you still have to actually click on it in order for the media buttons to work... lame!

i'm not sure about itunes, but in foobar2000 you can set the media buttons as "global hotkeys" so they work whether foobar is minimized or not. maybe look for something like that in the preferences.

Thanks for the post hanzalo. I thought I would never get a response! Thanks to you, I was able to find this little diddy of a program:

http://www.jacobhickman.com/hotkeys/

So far it works great with Vista and I'm now able to change tracks and play/pause with the media buttons even if iTunes is minimized :)

Thanks a million

Back