• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Z87 OC VS Z87 UD5H

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If those are the only three Gigabyte boards you can buy, yes.

If you can get this board I would though.

Any OCing performance difference between those two ? Is the build looks good enough ? anything to change ? recommendations ?

Thank you for the help !

Doubtful. The UD3H and UD5H are similar boards, typically an extra PCIe slot and a couple of USB ports on the UD5H, but the UD3H still has plenty.

Understood.

So just confirim it like that :

Intel Core i7 4770K/NEW
Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler or Corsair Hydro H100i/NEW
GA-Z87X-UD3H/NEW
Crucial 4GB DDR3 1600MHz X 2/NEW
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 570 1280MB
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB 3.5" SATA II 32MB
Sony Optiarc DVDRW AD-7260S x24 SATA
Gigabyte iSolo 210 , Aluminum Panel, 2x120mm Fan, Black
FSP 600W, FSP600-80GHN, 120mm FAN, PCI-E, Active PFC

Dono where you took your Z87X-OC ( not force ) price but i just ordered one for 199.99$.

In Poland Z87X-OC cost $240 inc 23% VAT so it's not that bad.
About UD5H vs OC. UD5H has more SATA, 2x LAN and slightly different Audio ( also Realtek ) so I'm not sure if it's worth to pay more for that if PC is for gaming only.

In Poland Z87X-OC cost $240 inc 23% VAT so it's not that bad.
About UD5H vs OC. UD5H has more SATA, 2x LAN and slightly different Audio ( also Realtek ) so I'm not sure if it's worth to pay more for that if PC is for gaming only.

This is why I suggested the UD3H.

there's a change. i'm going to use my current pc expect the gpu for other use. so I need to have an all new build.. what about the following :

Seasonic 750W Gold X-Series X-750 Retail

Asus DRW-24B5ST DVD±RW x24 Black Sata

Gigabyte GeForce GTX570 GV-N570OC-13I OC 1280MB GDDR5

Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200RPM 64MB Sata III ST1000DM003

Antec Eleven Hundred The Advanced Gaming Authority Case No PSU

2x4GB Corsair XMS3 Dual Channel CL9-9-9-24

Corsair Hydro H100i

Samsung 840 Pro Series 2.5'' 128GB SSD SATA III

Corsair Neutron Series 64GB SSD Sata III MLC 2.5 Inch Retail

Intel Core i7 4770K Haswell 3.5Ghz 8MB L3 Cache s1150 - Box

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H LGA1150, Intel Z87, DDR3 1600

one ssd (128GB) is for a simulator I use (FSX). second ssd (64GB) is for OS only only. third SATA3 Hdd is for all the rest.

Hey, welcome to OCF! :beer:

When trying to recommend a build to you, there's some information that's extremely helpful for us to know. If you could answer these few short questions, we'd be happy to help!

• What are you planning to do with this compuer? Please be as specfic as possible.
  • What is your budget?
    1. Does this include a copy of Windows?
    2. Does this include peripheals (a keyboard, monitor, mouse, speakers, etc.)?
  • Are you from the United States or a different country? Are you ordering from your own country or from across borders?
    1. Wherever you may be from, does the store that you are planning to order from have a website? It's okay if it isn't in English, we can manage.
    2. If you are from the United States, do you live nearby a Microcenter?
  • Do you have any specific requests with the build?
    1. Do you plan on overclocking? If yes, do you have a specific goal in mind?
    2. Would you prefer the build to be particularly small?
    3. Would you prefer the build to be particularly quiet?
    4. In general, do you prefer this to be a computer that you can spend money on now and let it rest, or a box built for continuous upgrading?
    5. Do you ever plan on utilizing NVIDIA's SLI or AMD's CrossfireX technologies? These features, with a compatible motherboard, allow a user to link multiple identical graphic cards together for added performance. In real world terms, this lets you buy a second identical graphics card down the line as a relatively cheap and easy way to gain a fairly large boost in performance. However, this requires buying a SLI/CFX compatible motherboard and PSU now, which may result in slightly higher initial cost.

Once again, thank you in advance for taking the time to answer these, and I hope you enjoy your stay at OCF! :)

tell me what do I need change in this build :

‏Intel Core i7 Haswell 4770K 3.5Ghz 8MB L3 Cache s1150 - Box‎
NH-D14 - Getting better results then the h100i in must've 4770K Benches ??
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H LGA1150, Intel Z87, DDR3 1600, 3xPCI-E,VGA, DVI, HDMI, DP‎
Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz Vengeance Blue Dual Channel CL9-9-9-24 or Value version (cheaper)?
Nvidia GTX570 OC
Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200RPM 64MB Sata III ST1000DM003‎
Samsung 840 Series 2.5'' 250GB SSD SATA III(do i realiy need pro series for gaming ?)
LG DVD±RW GH24NS x24 Black SATA OEM‎
SeaSonic SSP-650RT 650W Gold Active PFC 12CM Fan PSU - SS-650RT OEM‎ or SeaSonic G-650 650W Gold Modular G-Series Active PFC 12CM Fan PSU or Corsair GS 700W V2 Series Active PFC 14cm Fan PSU or Corsair TX 650W V2 Active PFC 14cm Fan

Corsair 500R Carbide Black Mid-Tower Case (No PSU) or Antec Eleven Hundred The Advanced Gaming Authority Case ?

Hard core gaming pc. High OC. Mid-high budget. SSD - good but not too good for gaming.

Last edited:
Back