• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Z97 brands and price

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow, you hit the buy button quick.

Hope you enjoy it, should be sweet and will more than meet the requirments for your desrcibed usage.

As TOCN states, your draw will be next to nothing, but I linked one that would handel a a big dog desrete if you ever would decide to go that way. If you are sure you will never need it their is a lot of money to be saved. That being said the Sesonic unit is solid and thought the 100% fully modular design would be helpful in a small enviroment

You should post a few pics when you get this put together :)

BOMB.. Ill get the power supply today then :)... and hell yeah I am ready to send 100 pictures :) lol :)

PS. If I can get a i5-4670K for same price or whatnot, would it be better? I searched and its not much difference except the UNLOCKED.

PPS: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BXF80646I54670K) Processor @ $185, good deal? (NEW)

PPPS: So I got the power supply recommended :) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151088

Also got the i5-4670K 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BXF80646I54670K) Processor @ $170. I hope I did good :)

Last edited:
Yea the K series will give you the ability to raise the multiplier

the sky is the limit, you will be glad you have that AIO now

Only reason I linked a non K chip is you stated in the OP you were not intrested in overclocking the chip

Looking forward to the pics once you get going :)

BOMB.. Ill get the power supply today then :)... and hell yeah I am ready to send 100 pictures :) lol :)

PS. If I can get a i5-4670K for same price or whatnot, would it be better? I searched and its not much difference except the UNLOCKED.

PPS: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BXF80646I54670K) Processor @ $185, good deal? (NEW)

PPPS: So I got the power supply recommended :) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151088

Also got the i5-4670K 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BXF80646I54670K) Processor @ $170. I hope I did good :)

2 excellent purchases. You got a good deal on the CPU.
Honestly though, an $80 PSU would have been sufficient. At least now you'll save a few cents on electricity.

Will the ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 Intel Z97 overclock?

At a glance it looks like it will. It has a VRM heatsink and 6 chunky power phases. Definitely enough for a Haswell part to OC pretty decently. And it's Z97 so that allows OC.
I would have gone with the Maximus VI impact or it's replacement personally though.

Yae the Impact is a sweet ITX, especially cold.

One could argue it would be overkill for the OPs cooling solution.

I would not be one to argue that though.

However I think the ASRock will easily give the OP ample OC performance

Well, I already got the Motherboard and I am actually very happy :) Went over my budget... but... who cares lol.

First item in hand :)

Zbi3A1k.jpg

PS: Samsung 840 250GB Solid State Drive $80? Good deal?

Last edited:
LMAO. ill take it as an awesome deal :).... Its on craigslist... someone from mt home town selling it :)

$80 is the price of the 120GB version roughly so paying that for double capacity is a great deal. Just make sure it's very lightly used if its used at all. SSDs dont last forever.

:can't wait to see this come together

I would like to do a iTX build one of these days

Last edited:
So things went south on that Samsung ssd, :(, so I have to go with this one instead for $65:

SXsVVG4.jpg

Looks like this build is really coming together. That's a very pokey SSD in today's standards but will still get you by. An 840EVO would have been a much better, albeit costlier buy.

Only could have done it with all your help... I would have made crap, and gone over my budget I just know it if you guys would not have suggested such awesome things :)

Back