• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Z97 brands and price

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looking epic, and you have not even started yet :)

those heat spreaders are beastly on the Team Stix

So all I am missing now is the Motherboard and the Power Supply.... Hmm, COME ON UPS!!!!!

fR26zN9.jpg

52pkMD6.jpg

Yeah says tomorrow... but lord, i wanted it today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS HEREERERERERERERER

4tQfC1h.jpg

Ill get back to you guys with build pictures.. I will be up all night doing this :))))

Last edited:
Quick question that I cant believe I didn't ask before.....

This MOBO has 4 USB 3.0 in back. The case has 2 USB 3.0 in front (side) so that I can connect to the MOBO (someone where I have no clue where :( ) but I don't know if this MOBO supports front USB 3.0. Any help/ideas?

Last edited:
Thanks... :)... I kind of edited the post, maybe you didnt see.... but I want to know if the motherboard has the option (pins?) to add the front USB 3.0 from the case... cause 6x USB 3.0 would be ideal for me :)

should be a board lay out in the manual

if no physical manual it would be a PDF file on the disc

Edit:

right below the power connector

Awesome I got it :)....

Question before I finish this tomorrow so hope someone can answer me.

I read of SATA3 SATA6 and not express? Or something called M.2? I dont really understand it all to well. I been reading the manual but funny enough it says SATA3, but online it says SATA6. I just want my SSD to go as fast as possible on this board, so can someone help me out and let me know where to put it?

This is a picture of what I see. I had it on the TOP left SATA3_0

OMWT6XM.jpg

YATVC0K.jpg

Thanks ^^^.

Need some help again :(. The front fan on my case, it has a 3 PIN connector. Now, as per manual, it should go in the 4 pin chassis fan connector. I am looking but seem to be getting stuck. Should I plug the in there and see if ti works?

Found my answer after searching a bit more :).. Sorry

JeauxBleaux July 24, 2013 8:55:00 AM
Hey! Your motherboard has five 4-pin fan connectors. Two of them are for the CPU and three are for the case fans.

4-pin connectors offer the ability to control fan speed via pulse width modulation (PWM).

Since your case fans are only 3-pin, you will not have the ability to control the case fan speeds , the fans will simply run at full speed 24x7.

If you look carefully at your motherboard's 4-pin connectors, you will see a bar or marking that spans three of the four pins. These are the 3 pins you'll want to plug your 3-pin case fans into.

Of course, you could always upgrade the case fans to a 4-pin type so your system will potentially be quieter but the 3-pin case fans will plug right onto the the 4-pin connectors and work fine. Just be sure to use the 3 (of 4 pins) that show the "span". this information is on page 1-34 of your manual.

OK so it is all ready... All I need now is to install the OS and it should be good lol. I want to thank everyone who helped me out and put time and effort for me to get this far!

Gallery:
And some just for a spoiler :)

Photo_May_23_9_24_34_AM.jpg

Question: I downloaded all the drivers from the ASRock website that pertained to my Motherboard. Now, I also have the Processor that needs something called CHIP SET drivers? I don't know. I always installed that on my other computer when I formatted so I have a feeling I need this?

Would I need drivers for anything else like the H100i or anything else? I don't know the RAM? LOL. Probably not the RAM but I just want to make sure I do all correct :)

INstall the INF file (chipset), NIC card, USB ports, and any software you will be using. Otherwise, don't install stuff for the heck of it.

Back