• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Z97 brands and price

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes cable managment is my next thing... but I wanted this up already!!! :)

Now, I installed teh VGA HD 4200 drivers... and the screen still looks super gigantic like if there was no video card/drives installed. Is that normal? I am on Windows 8, and the start square things look fine after the VGA install, but the desktop still looks strange... Any ideas?

Also, how can I see my core TEMP? I use to use gadgets before but since Windows 8 stopped that, what else can I use now? (I researched it and I honestly dont want to bypass whatever to install gadgets so I am looking for the actual legit way on W8)

EDIT: This is the reason I got ride of my other PC, it seemed like it was using to much resources and nothing is being used except Chrome :(. Is this normal?

H1FW549.png

Last edited:
Adjust the screen resolution.

Coretemp or realtemp or hwmonitor.

See what task manager says is running the cpu... Just like we suggested before.

Screen is at its MAX... 1920x1200.. I dont know. Maybe its this windows 8 I am just not use to being so big?

Anyways. Again thanks to everyone :) I do appreciate it a lot.

Right click the desktop

You should see a Intel HD settings button, make sure everything is up to speed , assuming you grabbed latest and greatest off Intels site

You should also see it in programs as installed

the board is so new though there is a good chance it has latest on the disc

See when you say latest and greatest of intel site that is where I get lost. I got all the latest drives from ASROCK since I dont have an optical drive, I downloaded all from here: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z97E-ITXac/?cat=Download

I installed the VGA drivers and the INF you mentioned before.

:):):) I am still very happy with results.. All thanks to you guys :)

Hi all. So, the computer was doing great till I updated to Windows 8.1 Pro. It lost the MS Bus controller driver and my Ethernet controller driver. I searched online and nothing works. I re-installed all the drivers from the ASRock site and still nothing. I have deleted the drivers and uninstalled them from Device manager and still nothing. Oh well, no biggie.

My main question is. I have a TV next to my computers, and I would like to play a FILE on the TV and still be able to use my computers. On a laptop it is easy because you have a display and with an HDMI you just connect the TV. But with this computer, it only has 1 HDMI, and I am using it to my main display. Is there any other way to do what I want? Any hardware I can buy?

Thanks.

If you wanted dual display you would have to use a graphics adapter with dual out. Of course you can play one thing on one screen and another thing on the other but not with one display out.

You can also, if the TV has wifi, stream wirelessly from the PC to the TV. Also, you can put files on a USB thumbdrive and play them on the TV that way.

Hello all.

So, I recently noticed that it may seem that without a GPU, converting movie file formats and re-encoding movies seems like it takes 5x as long as it did on the first computer. Can that be the case? Or is it that I got an i5, instead of an i7?

Anyways, the reason I passed by was to ask if you think this video card would be a good buy (extream savings of course): geforce gtx 660 ti for $180

PlDTttE.jpg

g9iXnOV.jpg

Back