Attractive unit that features a very easy way to change out drives – Joe
SUMMARY: Attractive unit that features a very easy way to change out drives.
- eSATA and USB 2.0/1.1 interface
- Compatible with 2.5″ SATA drives 9mm – 9.5mm height
- Easy installation and removal of hard drive
- Includes USB and eSATA cables, USB power cable
- LEDs on both sides for power (blue) and hard drive access (red)
- Aluminum construction, plastic top
There is a slide switch on the side which allows the top to slide off horizontally:
Adding a drive is nothing more than snapping it in place – you have to look into it to make sure the SATA connector lines up to the drive’s pins:
The back shows the USB, eSATA and the power port:
The side features the LED lights on both sides for power and access indications:
Parts that ship with the drive include USB and eSATA cables and a USB power cable:
I tested Addonics Snap-In ExDrive with a Toshiba 2.5″ SATA drive (MK6034GSX, 60 GB, 5400 rpm) with the following results:
I was surprised not to see more of a difference between the USB and eSATA numbers, but this particular drive is not very snappy – I benched about the same numbers with another enclosure.
The Addonics Snap-In ExDrive25 is an attractive unit that features a very easy way to change out drives.