Right on the heels of the Adrenalin 21.9.1 driver update from a week ago, AMD released 21.9.2 yesterday with support for the newly released World War Z: Aftermath, New World, and Diablo 2: Resurrected (set to release September 23rd). In addition to the new game support, there are several fixed issues including improvements to Radeon Software. Read AMD’s Release Notes below for all the details as well as links to download the new driver.
Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.9.2 Highlights
- World War Z™: Aftermath
- Diablo® II: Resurrected™
- Up to 13% increase in performance in Diablo® II: Resurrected™ @ 4K Very High settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.9.2 on the 12GB Radeon™ RX 6700XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver edition 21.9.1.RS-403
- New World™
- In Radeon™ Software, the CPU Additional Metrics section within the Performance tab may be missing for some users.
- Some users may receive a compatibility error message when they attempt to load a previously saved tuning profile.
- While playing Hitman™ 3 on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6800 XT, users may experience an issue where water along the shores becomes missing.
- The Auto Overclock feature for CPU in Radeon™ Software may be missing for some users with an AMD Ryzen™ 5000 series processor and AMD Radeon™ 6000 series graphics card.
- Open Broadcaster Software™ may continue to run in the background after a user ends a recording session and closes the application.
- Driver timeouts may be experienced while playing a game & streaming a video simultaneously on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 500 Series Graphics.
- AMD Radeon™ Software may crash or become unresponsive while playing some DirectX® 11 games such as PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds™ with multiple displays connected in extended mode.
- Playing Horizon Zero Dawn™ for an extended period may lead to a driver timeout or game crash on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
AMD Link for Windows Known Issues
- Intermittent grey frame corruption might be observed when streaming with HEVC on certain configurations via an Internet connection. A workaround is to use the AVC encoding setting instead.
- RS-403 – Testing conducted by AMD as of September 17, 2021, on a test system comprised of a Ryzen 7 5800X CPU, 16GB DDR4, Radeon RX 6700 XT GPU, and Windows Pro, with Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.2 and 21.9.1 on Diablo II: Resurrected. Game tested with very high preset at 4K. Performance may vary.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.2 installation package contains the following:
- Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.2 Driver Version 21.30.17.05 for Windows® 10 (Windows Driver Store Version 30.0.13017.5006).
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.2 installation package can be downloaded from the following links:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (“EULA”). If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.
Installing Radeon Software Adrenalin
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install Radeon Software Adrenalin, please refer to the following support resources:
- How-To Uninstall Radeon Software Adrenalin on a Windows® Based System
- How-To Install Radeon Software Adrenalin on a Windows® Based System
NOTE: This driver is not intended for use on AMD Radeon products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support. When installing Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.2 for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.2.
Radeon Product Compatibility
Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.2 is compatible with the following AMD Radeon products.
Radeon™ RX 6900/6800/6700/6600 Series Graphics Radeon™ RX 5700/5600/5500/5300 Series Graphics Radeon™ VII Radeon™ RX Vega Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo Radeon™ RX 500 / Radeon 500X Series Graphics Radeon™ RX 400 Series Graphics
Mobility Radeon™ Product Compatibility
Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.2 is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
AMD Radeon™ RX 6800M Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ RX 6700M Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ RX 6600M Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ RX 5700M/5600M/5500M/5300M Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ 600 Series Graphics
AMD Processors with Radeon Graphics Product Compatibility
Important Note for Laptop and All-In-One (AIO) PCs
AMD recommends OEM-provided drivers which are customized and validated for their system-specific features and optimizations.
If you experience issues using the Radeon™ Software Adrenalin driver package downloaded from AMD.com, please install the OEM-provided drivers for full support and compatibility.
DESKTOP MOBILE AMD Ryzen™ Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics AMD Ryzen™ PRO Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics AMD Ryzen™ PRO Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics AMD Athlon™ Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics AMD Athlon™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics AMD Athlon™ PRO Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics AMD Athlon™ PRO Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.2 is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms. Operating System support may vary depending on your specific AMD Radeon product.
Windows® 10 64-bit version