• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Old motherboard would do 4.7Ghz at 1.472 volts. I had to RMA it and with the same voltage on the new motherboard managed to get 4.8Ghz without an issue. So I decided to push it further.

205x24 for 4.920 Ghz on 1.472 volts prime stable to boot. It prime fails very quickly with the FSB at 206.

Ah hah. Some smaller size ram sticks. U must be really into benching now. Hehehe.

Be Careful or............
attachment.php
.........the Ram Cops Will Get U.

Bobert...sterstignatorzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Meee thinks Johan didn't like Mr Cleans 7-10-7 2133 sticks :chair:

I put that new ram to work last night, still need some work on it but I got a bit of an improvement with Pi 32m, I think the cold helped the most though.

Pi 32 12 47.95.JPG

I put that new ram to work last night, still need some work on it but I got a bit of an improvement with Pi 32m, I think the cold helped the most though.

View attachment 137072

The undercover ram police are watching you. Don't make them turn on the lights and pull you over man. Hehehe. Got to get on over to the rodeo. Got some clowns, I need to see.
RGBobertone...sterstignatorzzzzzzzzzzz:rofl:

Hey everyone, been a while since ive posted in here. Party season is pretty busy lol hope you all had a good one!

im selling my FX rig to fund an intel testbench rig and pots.

seen some really nice benches floating around, guys with uber ram are smashing it!

i havent benched for about a month, but good things come to those who wait lol

Very impressive jon45!
do you set your HT manually to get 3000mhz?
your Ram is Perfect cas7 double wow:thup:
can you do this with 8 gigs of ram just curious
congratulations johan

No that was just 4 gig. Yes I have the HT and NB set manually, getting the NB up really helps the ram latency and the HT/NB need to be run together on these chips. Thanks Erixx
The undercover ram police are watching you. Don't make them turn on the lights and pull you over man. Hehehe. Got to get on over to the rodeo. Got some clowns, I need to see.
RGBobertone...sterstignatorzzzzzzzzzzz:rofl:
Just wait till I actually get the hang of this bench, right now it's just brute speed that's getting me these numbers. For some reason I'm having quite a difficult time getting the WAZZA to work for me and I still need to work on the ram. This was my first rodeo with the 9370 ( in a long time) and that ram together, ran into a strange problem when the ram was at the 2000 speed and even high CPU speeds it worked until I would drop the cores down to 1 or 2 and then it would refuse to start. Wouldn't even finish POST.

Hey everyone, been a while since ive posted in here. Party season is pretty busy lol hope you all had a good one!

seen some really nice benches floating around, guys with uber ram are smashing it!

i havent benched for about a month, but good things come to those who wait lol

Trust me when I say the AMDs are a lot more fun buddy. Maybe when I get some more parts to get the 4770 on some "good" water We can poke at each other again. It was fun :cry:

hmmm i prefer fun over anything else! i hardly ever game anymore, but my 8350 is more than capable of gaming anyway.

it is a decent rig with a ****e load of potential.

i just guess i want experience with multiple platforms.. and maybe one day ill get a CHVF/8350 on a testbench with a pot :D

Well for me it was worth the experience, and I mostly intend to use this Intel as a gamer/daily machine......... well for now anyway. I just can't leave things alone most of the time. I should know better than to make statements like that.

Nice 32m run there Johan how bad did you want a 12.39.999?? :D I'm just glad it was with the 9370. :thup:

Booooooooo!

Trust me when I say the AMDs are a lot more fun buddy.
I totally agree! My 2500k was really the only chip I've really pushed. The 4770k I have just makes too much heat for Air to push further then 4.7. With the 2500k I could get it to run all day long at 5.3 with 1.48 Cpu V. I even ran prime for 20 minutes there before losing a worker but 1 mhz more it will not even post no matter how much voltage I throw at it. With the AMD chips I own, there is always hope, at least that's how I look at it. It seems as if, to a point, that you can tweak them to push just a bit further.

Nice 32m run there Johan how bad did you want a 12.39.999?? :D I'm just glad it was with the 9370. :thup:

Booooooooo!

I totally agree! My 2500k was really the only chip I've really pushed. The 4770k I have just makes too much heat for Air to push further then 4.7. With the 2500k I could get it to run all day long at 5.3 with 1.48 Cpu V. I even ran prime for 20 minutes there before losing a worker but 1 mhz more it will not even post no matter how much voltage I throw at it. With the AMD chips I own, there is always hope, at least that's how I look at it. It seems as if, to a point, that you can tweak them to push just a bit further.

Oh I know there's room for improvement on my 32M. I just have to dedicate a day or two to really working at it. I just couldn't resist last night. It was really cold out and the water in my res was down to about -14c. I was shocked it ran that bench at almost 5.8 :shock:
You just do what you need to D1nky, my experience with the Hazwell has been a bit mixed and I'm starting to think it has something to do with the MOBO. There's no way it could be me. :chair:

The lowest it has been here is about 7*c, I'm hoping for a snow storm or something. I prefer the look of a 3770k for benching, not so worried about a loop if I get a pot.

I got severe bench envy, just put new installs on my rig but way too warm to bench!

man it's been +19 here and i wish I could get in on the fun but working my *** off and the healing arm just keep me off it.........

The lowest it has been here is about 7*c, I'm hoping for a snow storm or something. I prefer the look of a 3770k for benching, not so worried about a loop if I get a pot.

I got severe bench envy, just put new installs on my rig but way too warm to bench!
Some day D1nky. Why don't you just get a pot for the fx??
It's -14c right now here Johan but the wife is home. :( :chair: <---me hiding from my honey do list.

Me too the weather is warming tomorrow.:cry:
man it's been +19 here and i wish I could get in on the fun but working my *** off and the healing arm just keep me off it.........
Wow it's like spring in January. That's a bummer. You just heal up C_D we'll do the benching. :shrug:

Nice run Johan!

I'll have mine setup before long, trying out the 2600K ATM so the AMD is on standby for now. I will give it another shot before long I promise. ;)

I have been enjoying the show when i can and I have a suprise or two up my sleeve.

Since Intels have started popping up on this thread here and there I have a question. Maybe some of you with more experience with them can help me out. My question is based on this earlier post I had.

With my 2500k I could get it to run all day long at 5.3 with 1.48 Cpu V. I even ran prime for 20 minutes there before losing a worker but 1 mhz more it will not even post no matter how much voltage I throw at it.

I really had high hopes for this chip, it sings along benching what ever I throw at it at 5.3. Never blue screens, crashes etc... I swear with the right cooling I could run it there 24/7. No matter what I try it will hardly post at any speed higher then 5300 it sometimes will reach windows splash but then it will bsod. I've tried disabling cores and setting the Cpu V to 1.55 I may have even tried 1.6, Bclk to 101*53, 102*52, I've raised and lowered the VTT voltage... Am I missing something or is this chip just at a hard wall? Also does this mean it will not go higher if I go sub-ambient with it? It's on an Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 motherboard.

Hey Manny Happy New Year my friend!!!! With my limited know how it sounds like a brick wall to me. By the way Johan will upset eating his breakfast as i have just gone by him again lol!!

edit: And i am getting ever closer to you as well Manny!!

AJ.

Last edited:
Back