• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LC Power 600W PSU-Is it okay PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brigapes

Registered
Hi!
I am currently upgrading my PC to i7 4770K and while we were disscusing in a CPU thread, we encoutered a PSU problem, since a LC Power 600W(SILENT POWER LC600H-600W/12 V2.31) is sorta cheap office intended power supply(it still wasnt that cheap!) will it be good enough to power and NOT FAIL these components and more powerful ones coming in future, more likely it's most important TO NOT FAIL, and so i was wondering since i didnt find the thread in forums i needed, if this is a quality power supply?

Current components and working:
-A8 5600K OC on 4Ghz
-GTX 650 Ti AMP! Edition(it means it's OC-ed)
-2 Corsair 1333Mhz RAM sticks
-FM2A75 UD3 MoBo
And so long it's working smooth

Future:
-i7 4770K
-Z87-A or -C MoBo
-GTX 650 Ti or (future)GTX 670 Ti
-4 1600 Mzh RAM sticks

I only need to know if it will not fail on me! :( Thanks!

^This.

Their so so stuff is very expensive, and their affordable stuff is cr.p!

The only thing I would touch that PSU with is a fire extinguisher.

So first thing to to is get a better PSU?
How about Spire BlackEagle?
It's not really cheap but should be good right? it's for 55€

Take a look at the link in my signature about quality PSU's. Pick one off that list that is available in your area. A quality 550W PSU would be PLENTY for the current and future PC.

So first thing to to is get a better PSU?
How about Spire BlackEagle?
It's not really cheap but should be good right? it's for 55€

Think about it like this, your psu is the backbone of your pc, if you cheap out on that, you better be able to afford to replace fried parts due to negligence.

Take a look at the link in my signature about quality PSU's. Pick one off that list that is available in your area. A quality 550W PSU would be PLENTY for the current and future PC.

It's quite hard to find, the only one i found was CX430 but looks kinda off size.
What does it mean modular and non-modular?
It's quite off the price range but i'll manag i think...

Point we're trying to make is that price does not equal quality.

Stick to units that are either in EarthDog's list or approved by JonnyGuru and you'll have a good unit for years to come.

Modular means some of the cables on the PSU unplug from the unit to assist with cable management.

LC is occasionally adequate but is usually junk, and I doubt that particular model can put out more than 400W. But there's no reason to buy junk, especially at this time of year, when so many good PSUs are being offered really cheap, as this Fry's ad for Thanksgiving day shows:

http://www.frys.com/ads/page103

750W Corsair CX750 for $39 after $20 rebate
850W Antec HGC850M for $58 after $50 rebate
"700W" CoolMax for $7 after $30 rebate.

Just saying: I CANNOT buy on USA sites, because i live in Slovenia, i can buy maximum on German and Italian sites, that's all, it's useless knowing a black friday sales on Microcenter for example.

And the hours i spend looking for quality in LC power PSU's i came to conclusion that LC Power PSU's are not going to blow or anything, thy're just 'under-wattage' if this is even a word. Thy're basicly showing 600W when they're like 300W or something... So am i safe until i get new PSU?

Find one on that list is our best suggestion. If a psu cannot put out its rated power, there is no way I would use it in my pc.

When you say that you can only buy from German & Italian sites, what about amazon.co.uk, they have some Black Friday sales also.
In regards to the psu, you could be lucky and it COULD survive(most chances are that it would probably die, and may even take some of your other parts with it). It is a very big risk, and i do not think anyone would recommend you using it any more. Personally, I wouldn't even touch it.

I run an LC power psu, its low to mid range psu, nothing i would ever bring close to a rig that i like or need daily. I use min on a dual xeon setup now. That runs maybe once every 2 months for 20mins.

Run for the hills.

:O this means?

And yes i will change the PSU.
Let's say this rig would need how much wattage?

i7 4770K (OC to 4ghz)
GTX 670 Ti
And a MSI Z87-GD-45 GAMING MoBo

How much would it need?
Not exactly, but let's say 600W? 500W? Or is it enoug 400W?

:O this means?

And yes i will change the PSU.
Let's say this rig would need how much wattage?

i7 4770K (OC to 4ghz)
GTX 670 Ti
And a MSI Z87-GD-45 GAMING MoBo

How much would it need?
Not exactly, but let's say 600W? 500W? Or is it enoug 400W?

:thup:

Quote:

I'm so sorry, i didnt see that XD :bang head

Back