• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a phenom ii 1090t on a GA-880GM-UD2H MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crazychris3217

hi there im new to overclockers forums.

and i was looking for some help as i have tried over clocking my phenom to 3.7ghz but i always get BSOD Sometimes with errors. soomething to do with kernel errors. or irql not less or equal. i know this cpu can go up to 3.8ghz on these boards but mine keeps crashing.

i am willing to co operate with screenshots and that.

i have a stock amd cooler. but im waiting on a new hyper evo 212 cooler as i have used these in the past with great results.

my thermal compound is arctic silver mx-5

i have attached a screenshot of my temps with hw monitor

i have 20gb of ddr3 memory mixed brands.

would like to get it overclocked to .3.8ghz if possible.

Attachments

• hw monitor.png
    hw monitor.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 99
The motherboard you are using is not up to the task. It might be okay for running a 1090t at stock if you cooling is good. When overclocked, the CPU you are dealing with draws far too much power for the motherboard's Voltage Regulation Module (VRM) which is responsible for power delivery.

thankyou for telling me that m8. explains why my bios is having trouble with the voltage staying the same when i change it. so im guessing i cant overclock but could i tweak the turbo core frequency

You could also use hs on the mosfets on the MB. It may not get much more then what you have gotten so far but will help with cooling.

You can get these from Newegg.
mos-c1_photo2.jpg

Last edited:
thankyou for telling me that m8. explains why my bios is having trouble with the voltage staying the same when i change it. so im guessing i cant overclock but could i tweak the turbo core frequency

Some voltage drop under load is normal but will be less for motherboards with more robust VRM sections. There is also a setting in many bioses called LLC (Load Line Calibration) that can be used to offset "vdroop". It basically supplements the voltage amount you have declared in bios.

WhitehawkEQ i know i looked on the support site but i really do have 20GB installed i can supply a screenshot if you like it confused me too.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

This is a real problem too

i know but i have limited funds available. so i just got what i could afford but i am looking to fix this asap.

I know we may sound funny BUT we are trying to help :) AMD's PH II's have a weak IMC (Integrated Memory Controller) and work best with 2 sticks of memory. It would also make it easier on the IMC if you limit them to 2x2GB or 2x4GB sticks. You did not list what amount 4x sticks you have. Look in the contol panel/system and see how much is being reported for use :) This will get you rolling in the near term. If you really what to see what that 1090T can do, you will need a 890FX or a 990FX MB. I'm not talking the MOON either...I'll not BS you. A High End MB is going to cost you $$$ and at the most (with a AIO) you might get 4.0GHz. This will also require the proper memory for max timing/performance. -> If you stay with the PHII-1090T for sometime, I would recommend the MSI 890FXA-GD70 MB. It will cost you ~$75 but has a BIOS update to run the newer FX-8xxx series CPU's :thup:
I had a PHII-955 & a PHII-1100T.

Keep talking and we will work the problem out with you :)

Back