• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Disabling Turbo Boost

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

S3KT10N

Registered
I tried disabling it in BIOS to no avail, also in the Windows Power Options I set to min & max Processor state to 99%
Intel XTU also has this Option greyed out! why? So how to disable it and keep core clock always at maximum?

I don't think that's possible on B360. I believe that's technically overclocking and requires both a K CPU and Z series motherboard chipset. Or do you mean to keep it from boosting over the base clock? The way I read your post it sounds like you want it to run all cores at its maximum boost clock all the time.

Yeah I want it to run at max at all times but its stuck on 4.07(under full load) irrespective of what I do/change and 4.10-4.20 when idle or under little load

Since you have a b360 based motherboard, you are only able to overclock up to the boost of your cpu, but not past it. All you need to do is change the multiplier to whatever the turbo value is across all cores and that should do it. You should be able to run at 4.3 Ghz.

is it not a fact that non K chips still limit max clock based on multi-threading?

is it not a fact that non K chips still limit max clock based on multi-threading?
Yep...their all core boost. Unlocked chips on b360 will behave the same (limited to all core turbo).

I dont know exactly what his chip is... maybe 4.1 is all c/t...

Last edited:
Yeah per the link I posted it's 4.1. Thanks for clearing that up ED, I had no idea you could do such things on a B series chipset!

It doesn't matter what I do its always stuck at 4.07
But there's a new problem I'm facing right now
Computer randomly freezes and only mouse moves, everything else become unresponsive for sometime.
Sometimes it recovers and sometimes it throws a BSOD with critical process died error
I've installed Windows 3 times but problem is the same:(

Last edited:
4.07... I'd imagine your FSB is just a bit below 100... normal (see CPUz).

Sounds like its doing what it should be, no?

Do you have a single stick of RAM? If so, is it in the right slot (see manual), and get two (exact matching stick). ;)

EDIT: What critical process error? What is the BSOD code?

Last edited:
The only thing shown is Critical_Process_Died

EDIT: Yes its on 99.7 I've read that its speed spectrum and fluctuation between 99.5 to 100 is normal. Is that so??

Last edited:
Back