• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I7 2600k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eglinton

Registered
I have done a lot of searcing and trying different things but i cannot get a stable oc over 4ghz.
I have a gigabyte
z68x ud3r b3 (uefi bios u1f)
I7 2600k
32gb kingston genesis 1600
750w psu
Radeon 7850
Corsair h80i v2 cooler

I have looked at many posts and all include using llc which i dont have in my bios.
Im kinda stuck now. Not sure what i can do to get myself up to 4.5ghz

Last edited:
you should be able to get over 4ghz with auto voltages.

h80i is a bit limited but as long as the rad isn't plugged with dirt.. the fan is spinning and the pump is moving water then it should get at least 4.5ghz with reasonable temp's

Like Dejo said what temps? maybe the pump quit and its not moving water that can cause immediate failures.

These CPU's did not take much of anything volt wise to do even 4.4ghz so it should be something simple.

The worst 2600k I even worked with would do 4.6ghz and all the others would do 5ghz or better

Hi and thanks for helping.

My temps are around 70 underload when not adjusting the voltage and running a stress test.
I read on all the guides that llc is a big thing whilst overclocking but my bios doesnt show this option.
As earthdog commented i have asked about rolling back my bios to a previous award bios.
If i go over 4ghz i can boot but as soon as i start a stress test it freezes then i get the bsod

are you saying it idles at 70 and is that f or c

Back