• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forum Wars 2010 - Signup thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brolloks

Benching Senior on Siesta, Premium Member #8
Calling on all OCF Forum benchers to sign up here if you intend to bat for us in the upcoming Forums Warz 2011.

Please take a look at the link here that contains rules, dates etc before you step forward. as it will take quite a bit of commitment. Once we have a team registered we ALL have to push through and complete the task at hand. The emphasis here is team work, does not matter what hardware you have, each class will play a key role in contributing to the success of the entire team.:grouphug:

NOTE : I would like to ask ALL benchers that is a member of this Forum to put your name forward, irrespective where your points go on hwbot.

Please list your CPU, GPU(s) and type of cooling you will use in the competition. If you intend to enter more than one setup please list them seperately.

Once we have a good pool of people we will look at skill, hardware etc to create a balanced team to maximize our changes to win this year.

Thanks in advance:salute:

OCF FW Bench Committee (Brolloks, sno.lcn, Miahallen)

Last edited:
ChanceCoats123
Cpu's - Phenom II 720 x3, Phenom II 555 x2-x4 ;)

Gpu's - 9800gtx+, 8800gt (soon, but not in hand)

Cooling - big-boy air, or DIce.

I am in with the l5640 and 480gtx on air.

Sadly, I don't think I'll be participating this year. I've currently got no rig to run and can't really justify the kind of cash to build a rig. Any spare cash I do get finds it's way over to audio stuff before I know it.

Hate to be on the sidelines, but we have a lot of good people here that will more than fill in the pretty small gap I leave. :)

CPU's: i7 950/ i7 980X
CPU Cooling options: Air, H20, Dice

GPU's: 2 - 480's, maybe a 580 by the wars.
GPU Cooling options: Air or Dice(one card)

Last edited:
1090T LN2

Matrix 5870.

I may have another AMD chip to swap out the 1090T.

I'm gonna tentatively say 920 on h20 or air and a gtx480 on air, but I need to see how my semester is and I've got a good bit of money coming my way, so I might have ln2 access.

980x/4890 right now.
By wars time I intend to have a gtx570 or 580 (or similar high/top end single gpu).

CPUS: 980x / i7 920 - Both on dice. Should have a new pot soon that can handle the load.
GPUS: gtx 480 / 2x gtx 275

I have:
CPU AMD X3 435, 955BE
GPU 5870 lightning
I do have minimal DICE but I don't know if it will help....

I'll participate.

I've got an EP45 Extreme that I'm itching to try. X3350 quad core to go in it. GTX 460.

Cooling:
460 - Air
Board - Air, Dice, LN2

If I can help with the following HW, then I'll be glad to enter a system. If not, I don't mind being put in the cheerleaders' class.

CPUs
i7 920 on Air or H2O
i5 680 on Air, H2O, or SS

GPUs on Air (Venomous X, Shaman, or MK-13)
HD6850
8800GT
8800GTS 320MB
8800GTS 512MB (G92)
8800GTX

If someone has a spare 1156 board I can pick up one of those dual-core w/o HT chips for one of the lower classes.

CPU - I have an amd x6 cpu and I could probably snag any other am3 proc that would help out the team. Been lookin to get a new proc anyways.
gfx - matrix 5870 and 2x6870's

cooling dice or air on the cpu's and air on the gpu's

I'd also be interested in picking up other new hardware to help as long as its on the cheaper side.

Last edited:
If the rig in my sig is good enough (the gpu is kinda weak) I'm in.

920 w/h20, 9800gtx+ on air.

EDIT: *** You cannot turn off CPU Cores or threads and enter a lower class.

Does that rule mean we can't turn off hyperthreading to be in a different class? That would take from from F to D if I can't disable HT. :(

correct....it's based on what your HW is capable of, not what it's configured for ;)

miahallen

hardware configuration is very flexible :thup:

Back