• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

does this youtube video make sense to you pro's out there?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rjbaran17

Registered

This guys basically put 2 extra fans on the top of an H100 corsair cooler, totalling 4. He then put 2 more 200mm fans on top of the haf x case ... I don't get which fans are pushing and pulling? Does it make sense to do this? Looks pretty sweet anyway.

It's pulling from the inside of the case, pushing air into the radiator, then the fans on top of the cooler are pulling air through the radiator blowing out of the case, and the fans on top of the case are also blowing out of the case... The fans on top of the case are likely pointless.

I also added tags for you to embed the video in your post. Welcome to the forum. :)

All the air is flowing in an upward direction.

That guy's video/narration skills are awful though, that was painful to watch. Stop mumbling and say what needs to be said, dammit. He wasted like 2 minutes mumbling about something he didn't even wind up doing, why even leave that in there?? Oi.

Thanks for the replies. I liked his accent for some reason.

If all the fans are flowing up out of case, shouldn't they all be mounted facing the same direction? It looks like the two on top of the rad are facing down, pushing air onto it?

The side of the fan casing that supports the axial motor is the side air blows towards - they are indeed all blowing up. The ones on the bottom all you can see are fan blades - no supports holding the center of the fan on that side, so it is the fan intake.

Gotcha, makes good sense now. Thx everyone. Happy thanksgiving if that's your thing. Great forums here.

This guy would hate to see one of my radiators if he calls that a 'ding'...lol

was going to watch it, but then saw it was 10 minutes and after reading the previous replies I said **** it. lol I have a hard time watching youtube videos about computer stuff. the people in them often **** me off.

Back