• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is your Catalyst Control Center crashing? Read on for answers.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Super Nade

† SU(3) Moderator  †
If your CCC does not open or crashes immediately after it opens, there is an easy fix. I have searched around for almost six months to find a solution. If you notice that older CCC's work and not the newer ones, it is because the older ones seem to be ok with .NET3.5, whereas the newer ones require .NET4.

To solve the problem, you have to force use of the latest .NET libraries. It is done as follows <See attached images in order i.e CC1,ccc2,ccc3>.

I found this fix somewhere on the AMD Games forum so full credit to whoever came up with the idea {and apologies for not bookmarking your post!}

The string created was OnlyUseLatestCLR.

Attachments

• CCC1.png
    CCC1.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 22,989
  • ccc2.png
    ccc2.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 22,700
  • ccc3.png
    ccc3.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 22,564
NAdes! Thanks brother! My CCC has not worked for a long time. This totaly helps.

I love you man, I just signed up so I could see the images and it works!!!! Have my baby's please

NAdes! Thanks brother! My CCC has not worked for a long time. This totaly helps.

I love you man, I just signed up so I could see the images and it works!!!! Have my baby's please

No problem guys! Here to help. I've lived with this stupid problem for more than two years now. I did not want to reinstall windows7. If there is somebody to thank, thank that anonymous soul on AMD forums who originally came up with this fix. :)

Thanks but didn't work. I'm one of those guys that has NO luck with this sort of stuff, I go to dozens of sites where people have problems, they all get fixed, but not me. *sigh*

Thanks but didn't work. I'm one of those guys that has NO luck with this sort of stuff, I go to dozens of sites where people have problems, they all get fixed, but not me. *sigh*

Did you use .net 4?

Hi. I just signed up to try this and I do not have the "Only use the latest clr" file to edit..
Been trying to get this working for hours! :-(

This is how I did it. Start up regedit follw the directory just like super nades has it. With "software" highlighted then clik on "edit" then "new" then "string value" which will create a new string which will be automatically highlighted. Then right clik on the highlighted new string and the box will pop up. Then you type in OnlyUseLatestCLR and in the lower box type in 1 and save. That will get your CCC working again.

Hi buddy thanks for the reply. Just concerned as I do not have any of the things in the right pane that are in the picture. When I have Software highlighted it just says "default" in the right.

This is how I did it. Start up regedit follw the directory just like super nades has it. With "software" highlighted then clik on "edit" then "new" then "string value" which will create a new string which will be automatically highlighted. Then right clik on the highlighted new string and the box will pop up. Then you type in OnlyUseLatestCLR and in the lower box type in 1 and save. That will get your CCC working again.

This cannot be right? Why would I want to put it in the folder "software"? This is not where it is in the pictures?

No don't work I tried what you said and also creating it in .Net folder which was what the picture showed.
Don't work!
I am totally gutted I have just newly built this computer and nothing works! :-(
The CCC used to work before I reinstalled windows? I hate computers :-(
Don't make sense.

I apologise for the confusion. Heh, my short term memory does not work like it used to. Here is screen shot of my regedit. You have to create the string value just like I said above.

Attachments

• CCC regedit.png
    CCC regedit.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 22,255
Looks like you did it right. I installed .net 4.0 before I installed the Cat drivers and then rebooted.

.net is a Microsoft program that allows your operating system to use certain types of graphics. AMD uses these types of graphics in thier driver panels, like the CCC. The driver will still work without the .net 4 but you will not be able to use catalyst control center like you want.

.net is a Microsoft program that allows your operating system to use certain types of graphics. AMD uses these types of graphics in thier driver panels, like the CCC. The driver will still work without the .net 4 but you will not be able to use catalyst control center like you want.

I am still not sure what to do that didn't work for me. :bang head

Good work on finding that fix hopefully that will help alot of users.

.net is a Microsoft program that allows your operating system to use certain types of graphics.

.NET is an entire API library. It is the foundation of Microsofts managed programming languages C#, Visual Basic, and ASP are all derived from it. To say that it allows for use of "certian types of graphics" is a bit of an understatement.

I am still not sure what to do that didn't work for me. :bang head

You might be suffering from a different problem.
Try removing CCC and .Net framework, install the .Net framwork 4 from microsofts site, and then reinstall CCC. If that doesnt work you might be looking at a windows refresh.
Good luck

Last edited:
Back