• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom ii x6 1090t oc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DmAxD

Registered
Hi,im using Amd phenom ii x6 1090t and geforce gtx 780 video cards(i know i did mistake)and my gpu is bottlenecked by cpu.i got cooler master hyper 212 evo cooler.i want to overclock it to not to bottlenecked by cpu.

i'm using asus m4a87td/usb3 mobo
and i got 80 plus 600 watt psu.
and using corsair vengeance 4gb 1600 mhz ram
Thanks for the help

Last edited:
The stickies in this section have an amazing guide for overclocking the Phenom II. Give that a shot and let us know if your gameplay improves.

The stickies in this section have an amazing guide for overclocking the Phenom II. Give that a shot and let us know if your gameplay improves.

Hi,i opened this topic to another forum and they say ''Asus m4a87td => 4+1 power phase unheatsinked+ 125W x6 processor + overclocking = death sentence. ''

so i cant oc that? :mad:

Hi,i opened this topic to another forum and they say ''Asus m4a87td => 4+1 power phase unheatsinked+ 125W x6 processor + overclocking = death sentence. ''

so i cant oc that? :mad:

You can OC it. It just might not be in your or your hardware's best interest to do so.

You can OC it. It just might not be in your or your hardware's best interest to do so.

This +1. They're correct on the other site.

Your motherboard isn't the best for OCing, but it should be able to push the CPU a bit.

I ran an 1100T at 4.0GHz on a GA-880GA-UD3H, which is also 4+1.

When overclocking on less that optimum motherboard, you certainly have to keep a good eye on the temps. Lower temps equal less voltage all around needed for a certain speed. Too high a temp and the board has to work harder for sure. In your case you do not want harder work.
RGone...

:welcome: DMAxD

I have the same CPU and my MSI board is also 4+1 however it is heatsinked. I was able to push from 3.2Ghz to 3.7Ghz. IF you try it just watch your temps VERY closely and don't push your volts to hard. In fact I would leave volts at stock and see what you can achieve again WATCHING TEMPS.

:popcorn:

66C is pretty high for your core temps. I wouldn't press my luck. I normally try to keep mine right around 55C during P95 that way I know it will be good during any gaming. If I were you I would have HWmonitor runing in the back ground a game for about an hour and see what you max core temp is.

66C is pretty high for your core temps. I wouldn't press my luck. I normally try to keep mine right around 55C during P95 that way I know it will be good during any gaming. If I were you I would have HWmonitor runing in the back ground a game for about an hour and see what you max core temp is.

closed and re-opened hwmonitor and new temps (wtf?)

Last edited:
You write >> Hi,im using Amd phenom ii x6 1090t and my gpu is bottlenecked by cpu.

Reply >> I have reread the entire thread and you are at or above the point with your temps
where most of us believe there will be stability problems. With the temps as high as they are
there is no more real room to push the cpu any faster.

If you think the cpu is still bottlenecking your video card then you need to get you an Intel
cpu system and likely the problem will not be apparent anymore.
RGone...

You need to understand that anything over 55C can cause instability. Do you have the CPUv set to auto or 1.375v?

You write >> Hi,im using Amd phenom ii x6 1090t and my gpu is bottlenecked by cpu.

Reply >> I have reread the entire thread and you are at or above the point with your temps
where most of us believe there will be stability problems. With the temps as high as they are
there is no more real room to push the cpu any faster.

If you think the cpu is still bottlenecking your video card then you need to get you an Intel
cpu system and likely the problem will not be apparent anymore.
RGone...

You need to understand that anything over 55C can cause instability. Do you have the CPUv set to auto or 1.375v?
at 3.8 ghz it is auto.but at 4ghz i give the voltages if i give lower than this my cpu unable to boot

i overclocked cpu to 4 ghz i will try my last chance if 4ghz helps,if it wont i will sell my graphics card and buy gtx 760 or 7950

http://n1308.hizliresim.com/1d/5/r5h1k.png

I don't understand. If your CPU is the bottleneck why get a new GPU?

gtx 760 or 7950 slower than this card so my cpu wont bottleneck it or less bottleneck(i think) and if necessary i can buy new processor with remaining money

:confused:

Soooo do you think by "downgrading" your GPU you will get better performance from your CPU? Or better overall play-ability?

If anything I would "upgrade" my CPU, but honestly it would need to be a hefty upgrade like the intel that was suggested earlier or an FX-6350(keeping in mind the FX platform is a 140W CPU so maybe MoBo too).

:shrug:

Back