• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom ii x6 1090t oc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Can you add your rig to your signature so that we can make suggestions if you're truely going to upgrade? It will help us all out alot.

I don't do a lot of gaming so when certain questions are asked, I go and do my customary g00gle search. Since certain opinions are like noses in that everyone has one, I often see that things change over time. Such is the case with this cpu bottleneck thing.

Now with later cards and drivers it is not so easy to just say "my video card is being bottlenecked". I typed into g00gle > *how to tell if your cpu is bottlenecking your gpu* < those search terms and the answers were not as black and white today as the answers were in 2009. Video cards have changed too much. Now they say to run benches of the game you intend to play and verify against others of the same system setup. Just to say now that 70% gpu usage and 100% cpu usage is bottlenecking the video card is no longer a purely valid assumption.
RGone...

+1 RGone.

Not to mention many games don't utilize all cores therefore impossible to his 100%

+1 RGone.

Not to mention many games don't utilize all cores therefore impossible to his 100%

Yes the number of core things is a big factor with todays cpus. It is just not cut and dried anymore about bottle-necking. I think we spend too much time worrying about pure numbers if the game plays well. But that is me.
RGone...

I should have caught this earlier, but GTA4 and Grid 2 don't max my 770.

OP, does the utility you are using for GPU use % have a graph? If so, is it slammed to 70%, or does it fluctuate around that?

I managed to get my 1090T to 3.8 and 4.0GHz but past 3.6GHz the CPU operated but didn't behave very well, when I started playing resource intense games like BF3 it started acting up otherwise it did everything else fine (including converting video and audio) so I left it at 3.6GHz (1.475v). Also I don't think the X6's like ram higher than 1333.

Well when the 1090T and 1100T were the big guns; most in here seemed to do 4.0/4.1Ghz pretty easily with g00d air and the Thubans were actually the first AMD cpus that rather easily did DDR1600.

Of course all of that is strictly YMMV, and the board and how good the cpu was had a lot to do with the outcome back then.
RGone...

I managed to get my 1090T to 3.8 and 4.0GHz but past 3.6GHz the CPU operated but didn't behave very well, when I started playing resource intense games like BF3 it started acting up otherwise it did everything else fine (including converting video and audio) so I left it at 3.6GHz (1.475v). Also I don't think the X6's like ram higher than 1333.

Thanks for help guys,i updated my bios and i'm not able to oc so i'm worked hard to downgrade my bios version and i'm successfull.i can go to 3.8 ghz without changing voltage but at this point i'm still having bottleneck,at 3.9 i need to give 1.52v , at 4ghz 1.53v is stable and my temps wont go more than 56-57degrees and my bottleneck gone(still have but its too little). also i added 4 gb ram ,in total its 8 gb.if i stay at 4ghz with this voltage will it kill my chip fast or it can go for 1 year?

Last edited:
Exceeding the manufacturers maximum recommended settings is likely to reduce the life of any product. Computer parts are no exception. The Max recommended temp for your CPU is 55C and the Max volts is 1.5v. So anything above that can reduce its longevity. That does not mean that it will, just means it can.

To be totally honest I don't believe you would be able to see a difference in game between 3.8Ghz and 4.0Ghz without some software telling you there is a difference.

I think the increase in RAM will def help your system out too.

Now comes the fun part. ENJOY the games.

Back