• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

160gb drives

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Maxtor, WD, Seagate, you choose. People are choosing lots of WD although, (240Gb filled, do you a backup of the congress library? :D )

rigth now Im trying to complete my rurouni kenshin and X-tv collection (check kenshin´s ovas and ninja resurection ;) )

Western Digital As they are fast, quiet and reliable... :)...perfect for what you are doing :)... Also comes with 3 Year warranty if you get the SE version which is highly recommened by me Personaly and form other people who have used/use it....

What's the SE version have that a normal one doesn't? Also would you recommend getting a 5400rpm at 2mb cache since i'm only using it for data? I transfer files rarely. Thanks for the help.

sup3rcarrx8 said:
What's the SE version have that a normal one doesn't? Also would you recommend getting a 5400rpm at 2mb cache since i'm only using it for data? I transfer files rarely. Thanks for the help.

The SE has an 8mb cache which does noticably improve preformance. If you don't mind the slow down in transfering files then sure go ahead with a 5400, it will be quiter and produce less heat as well as be cheaper. Then again you will notice the slowdown if you later use it as a primary HDD of some sort (or just one where you do transfer often) and might regret it. 5,400rpm 250Gb drive

Back