• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.6C = SNDS Victom

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

I have concluded, that my 2.6C has SNDS because it cant do 3.0Ghz anymore. I had it at 3.5Ghz about 1 or 2 months ago. So, I've concluded that my ol' 2.6C has SNDS. What do I do now?

I guess ill ask one of the standard questions, is it possible that is is your power supply? I just had an antec hose out and lose its 3.3v rail. my 2.4c that i had been running @ 3.4 with stock voltage wasnt stable @ even 3.0 anymore. Replacing the PS fixed the problem. Also, what kind of voltage were you pushing through the chip?

My 2.6c sucks, or at least I think its my 2.6.

Totally forgot to add this.... My 2.6c used to do 3.2 @ 1.6 or so volts (mobo was weird) now it can do 3ghz but i gotta run wacky dividers so im back to stock. Lasted at 3.2 for like 5 months.

Last edited:
Well, Im pretty sure its my 2.6C cause I overclocked my AMD to 2.3Ghz (On a 2000+) and it was stable. Plus, I had 1.7V running through it for like a month. So, I bet you that did some wear and tear :/. But, Im gonna get a 3.2E so I wont make that mistake by overvolting it. Will the processor be stable @ stock in 6 months? Cause at the rate its going, im not sure if this chip can even do 2.6Ghz in 6 months :(.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
Well, Im pretty sure its my 2.6C cause I overclocked my AMD to 2.3Ghz (On a 2000+) and it was stable. Plus, I had 1.7V running through it for like a month. So, I bet you that did some wear and tear :/. But, Im gonna get a 3.2E so I wont make that mistake by overvolting it. Will the processor be stable @ stock in 6 months? Cause at the rate its going, im not sure if this chip can even do 2.6Ghz in 6 months :(.

Huh?
What does an AMD have to do with a 2.6C?

:bang head

Why did you bring that up? You can't compare an AMD and a P4 !
Are you using the same motherboard for both? Of course not ....

And in addition, what did you put 1.7v into? The AMD or the P4 ?
Your post was very unclear and confusing.....

Falkentyne said:
Huh?
What does an AMD have to do with a 2.6C?

:bang head

Why did you bring that up? You can't compare an AMD and a P4 !
Are you using the same motherboard for both? Of course not ....

And in addition, what did you put 1.7v into? The AMD or the P4 ?
Your post was very unclear and confusing.....

I mean, I put my 2000+ in my Antec 550W and it still did 2.3Ghz. Im not starting a flaming war.. I dont want a ban. But, I think my stupidity (When I was a nOOb) was how much voltage I pushed though it. But, I love my 2000+ cause that thing can take 1.8V.. its been running that for awhile.

first, as far as i know, its SNDS, after some time people started calling it GNDS, but it started out as SNDS, because it happened suddenly :)

it is very possible that your 2.6c is suffering from it, if so, there is nothing that you can do, except for running it at stock, or what it will do, you could sell it to someone that doesnt overclock, but be sure to let the buyer know its no longer under warranty :)

for clarification, what voltage were you running the P4 at? i cant seme to find that except for you saying you had 1.7v running through an amd..

edit: its NOT as far as i know... it actually IS SNDS (i knew it lol)

The Official Sudden Northwood Death Syndrome (S.N.D.S.) Thread

Last edited:
xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
I mean, I put my 2000+ in my Antec 550W and it still did 2.3Ghz. Im not starting a flaming war.. I dont want a ban. But, I think my stupidity (When I was a nOOb) was how much voltage I pushed though it. But, I love my 2000+ cause that thing can take 1.8V.. its been running that for awhile.

Hey man, you aren't flaming or anything, dont worry.
I caused severe gnds on a p4 by putting 1.70+v into one also.
I just meant that you weren't clear about the previous post, but now I understand that you meant that the PSU is working fine, so it isnt the PSU dying.

You know, you can PM me anytime if you want to talk; i'm always here....

Back