• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.8C to 3.4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snwman

Registered
Kinda New here, havent really OC much before, how am I doing? The VCore is still at the factory setting.

P4 2.8C Running @ 3.4ghz Stable
FSB @ 243 mhz
Bus speed @ 971.8 mhz

Temps
CPU - 33-35* C
MB - 33.35* C

I am running a modified Koolance Water Cooling system.

Any tips suggestions

What mobo and ram are you running? Are those idle temps or load temps you posted?

You should lock the AGP/PCI bus at 66/33 MHz (if you haven't already), and then just keep increasing the FSB. Depending on your memory, you may have to increase your memory voltage or use the 5:4 FSB:memory ratio.

Couple of things.....

Post the spec of your rig. Let us know every single component that you use, like memory, CPU stepping, type of cooling, mobo..... etc.

I will actually suggest you to post this tread in the Intel forums. You get more help there.

Cpu: P4 2.8c
MB: Asus P4S800D-E
Memory: 2 X 256mb PC3200
Video: Ati Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb
HD: 120gb SATA

Those temps are mostly at Idle they vary a slight amount under load. Right now they are 30CPU and 31 MB but I think that is due to the house beeing cooler in the morning.

Case: http://www.koolance.com/products/product.html?code=MCS-A01&category_id=2

I went with the koolance case because I already had it. I replaced the 1 dead and 2 cheap factory fans in the case with some Tt fans that flow much more air.

Back