• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

24/7 Pump Reliability

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Albigger said:
how about the reliability of danner mag pumps? i have one running inline now, but i'm pretty sure it can be either submerged or inline. But I've only had it running for about 2 weeks...

I use a Danner model2 pump. I had been running it submerged in a 6x6x4 res, and all was working great. Low noise and running 24/7. I got an itch over the weekend to try it in-line though. After letting the system bleed out most of the air (took forever compared to the res setup), I noticed that my pump and heatercore were warm to the touch. When I started the system, I noticed that my temps went up 5-6c.

What model is your danner, and is it running pretty warm?

yeah, i read your other post about going inline. My model 7 danner gets, well, really warm to the touch. I put an 80mm fan in the front of the 5.25" bay that my pump sits in, and its a little better now.

When I was leak testing without fans on the radiator though the water/rad/block got heated up fairly quick.

I guess my heatercore can handle the heat though. I was amazed to see (after reaading about via and eheim spec'd ~ 20 watts) that my model is spec'd about 65 watts!! at least according to here:
http://www.aquatictech.com/pumps.html

Albigger said:
yeah, i read your other post about going inline. My model 7 danner gets, well, really warm to the touch. I put an 80mm fan in the front of the 5.25" bay that my pump sits in, and its a little better now.

When I was leak testing without fans on the radiator though the water/rad/block got heated up fairly quick.

I guess my heatercore can handle the heat though. I was amazed to see (after reaading about via and eheim spec'd ~ 20 watts) that my model is spec'd about 65 watts!! at least according to here:
http://www.aquatictech.com/pumps.html

That model 7 is a monster pump. What size tubing are you using? It could be too restrictive for such a strong pump causing even more heat to be generated. Just a thought.

I've used an EN 1250 for alittle over a year 24/7 with no problems. It even has UV paint on it now. They do great. The SMALL amount of money we're talking about to get one is well worth the feeling of security IMHO.

-Toysrme

slipknot said:

That model 7 is a monster pump. What size tubing are you using? It could be too restrictive for such a strong pump causing even more heat to be generated. Just a thought.

I'm trying to go all 5/8 ID tubing. my heatercore has both in/out as 5/8, and my custom waterblock (i'm sure you've seen it) has 5/8 inlet barb. The outlets are each 3/8ID tubing, which i convert to 5/8, then joing back together. I'm looking at making the outlets 1/2" on the revision of my block.

EDIT: I should add - flow through just my block (with all barbs on) and 3 feet of 5/8 ID tubing, was 6.5 gpm. I didnt' get flow rate when I put all the components together, but guessing I would say ~ 4gpm. I'm not sure how much more unrestrictive I can make my system though.... 3/4 ID tubing would be a pain, i think...

Back