• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600k issue, please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thorianbsup

Hardware: i7 2600k clocked at 4.2ghz using 1.289 v.
1600 g.skill mem 1 8 8 8 24 1.5v 4 gigs.
Black cav 500gb sata hdd 7200rpm 64mb cache.
6950 powecolor 2gb unlocked shaders.
MSI p67a-gd65 b3 mobo
Antec 730 watt psu.

Cpu temp at 29c at idle and 50c under full load using prime 95 for an hour

Problem: slow cpu... I started noticing heavy cpu usage using cad and playing a few intensive games, 2 to 3x more than usual... so I ran some benchmarks to see what the underlying problem was and everything checked out great except my cpu... equivalent cpus were running 3 to 4x times faster at lower clock speeds than mine. I formatted my drive, reinstalled windows x64 with updated mobo and gfx drivers, and still had the same results. All power saving features are disabled. Cinebench achieved a score of 8.5 which was normally 10.5. Coresmark completed in 90 seconds which was usually 45sell seconds. And my novamrk cpu score was 240 which was normally 800... memory passed all stress tests... some advice would be appreciated. I don't get bsod...

Last edited:
It is possible you may not have enough voltage for your oc....but idk what to reccomend, since i havent gotten a chance to oc the new sb cpus yet.

Is the processor showing up correctly in uefi/bios? Perhaps upgrading or reflashing ur bios/uefi would help. Good luck!

Last edited:
Cpu temp at 29c at idle and 50c under full load using prime 95 for an hour

Problem: slow cpu... I started noticing heavy cpu usage using cad and playing a few intensive games, 2 to 3x more than usual... so I ran some benchmarks to see what the underlying problem was and everything checked out great except my cpu... equivalent cpus were running 3 to 4x times faster at lower clock speeds than mine. I formatted my drive, reinstalled windows x64 with updated mobo and gfx drivers, and still had the same results. All power saving features are disabled. Cinebench achieved a score of 8.5 which was normally 10.5. Coresmark completed in 90 seconds which was usually 45sell seconds. And my novamrk cpu score was 240 which was normally 800... memory passed all stress tests... some advice would be appreciated. I don't get bsod...

Those problems are almost always software related, but seems in this case if can't be based on what you've already done. Only thing I can think of next is your OC settings. Try doing a default bios/uefi reset and see if it still does it with default bios/uefi settings

Back