• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3D Mark 06--CPU test---World Record

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I only know the total system cost because it was on display at the Corsair suite at CES. UPS had a small problem with shipping and I had to get quotes for everything because it was almost a total loss. All but the procsm RAM and Plextor were just purchased over the weekend.

JRE said:
Sorry, overlooked that piece. Nice indeed. I think 3DM06 is a POS though. It's very Nvidia biased and has some issues with ATI cards where lesser cards rate higher than better cards.

The problem is not with 3DM. The problem is because ATi doesn't support SM3.0. That's why I switched from ATi to nVidia a long time ago. It's not FutureMarks fault that they support a standard that has been around for a long time. It's ATi's for not getting their cards up to date.

I use to try to put my systems in my sig but I was told the sig is too long.

Seriously, life is different when you review hardware for a living.

Man that's f***ing sweet. Can you throw use a bone here and at least post your specs on your main rig lol? Also I'm very interested into what cards you're getting. Single card - so no SLI/crossfire...hmmmm... You review hardware? Perhaps a 8000GTX512 :p lol. Ether way can't wait to see!

(I'd hate to see what your rig did under phase/tec/ln2 :drool: )

a shame it wouldnt run under ln2. Anyway, 8.2big ones? crickey, id kill for that rig at the moment :D.. well no, maybe not kill, but it certinaly would get some people a good lot of backscratching!

Careface*

Asus K8N-DL
Opteron 880s
Corsair 4x512 reg ecc (NUMA)
XFX GTX 512 XXX Edition
72 GB Raptors, RAID 0
Plextor 716 (?) SATA
Mountain Mod Twice7
Thermaltake 680 watt Pure Power
Noctua NH-U 12 heatsinks. I know these are not for sale in the states yet but they are great. Like I said before I have been using them without fans so far.

That was the origional system when I built it. UPS totally destroyed that rig and I am now using a P180 case, older version of the PSU without the 8-pin connection, single 36 GB Raptor and I had to borrow my buddies GTX 512 because mine was wrecked in a shipping accident. The accident was that someone had to have hit my computer with a truck or threw it off something higher than 2 stories.

Over the weekend I went out and purchased a new motherboard just to get it all back up and running. UPS took the old one and split the PCI E slot right down the middle.

Tonight I plan on using fans on the system and a pair of power supplies. I did not have time to do it last night since I was testing 1900XTX in another system.

Last edited:
damn, sounds like UPS is doing what they do best....

it saddens me to say this, but the post-office is more reliable lately than ups...

regardless, fedex and dhl rule all.

when you get into power requirements that high, it might be worth gettin a 220v setup. my latest comp is a quad xeon and its running a 1400watt psu off three-phase 220v - the only downside is trying to find a battery backup that'll run 220v for under $1500 >_<

How sad

Id rather buy a nice car

But you review hardware... so thats your life.... uber geek forever!

:)

AAAAAAH I have that same motherboard in my game server. I doubt my clan would fund a matchup though :D :p

I just bought 2 ThermalRight HR-01 heatsinks, should come in tomorrow. One of the guys is sending me a second opteron 242 as well. I love the new designs we have now, with heatspreaders, so we can have massive/passive cooling without shattering the core like on socket-A.

Good luck to ya highend, kick some more ***, make the world record even harder to obtain! I want to see some 4 x 2 action! :)

Back