• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3D Mark 06--CPU test---World Record

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Highendtoys said:
I only know the total system cost because it was on display at the Corsair suite at CES. UPS had a small problem with shipping and I had to get quotes for everything because it was almost a total loss. All but the procsm RAM and Plextor were just purchased over the weekend.

Wholly Macaroll,, That's an awesome rig..

3DFlyer said:
The problem is not with 3DM. The problem is because ATi doesn't support SM3.0. That's why I switched from ATi to nVidia a long time ago. It's not FutureMarks fault that they support a standard that has been around for a long time. It's ATi's for not getting their cards up to date.

ATI supports SM3.0 as of the X1k cards.

whare can i dl 3dmark 06? i just got my new system bult fx-60 and 2 geforce 7800 gtx's 512mb each i wanna see how hight i can score.

Fantastic score guy, But watch out, You may have company coming someday soon, Specs below:

Joker1

# Supermicro H8DCE motherboard(w/02/15/06 Bios),
# 1-SuperTalent 1Gb Reg/ECC PC3200 128x72 64x8 Dimm(Samsung/D32RB1GW)[for Joker4],
# 4-Corsair 512Mb Reg/ECC PC3200 CMX512RE-3200LL 6-2-3-2.0 Dimms[Buy],
# 2-AMD Dual Core Opteron 285 2.6GHz E6 cpu(OSA285FAA6CB)[Buy],
# 1-AMD Dual Core Opteron 270 2.0GHz E6 cpu(OSA270FAA6CB)[Running @ 2.4GHz in Joker3],
# Supermicro PWS-0060 645w EPS12v Power Supply[Bought, Here in 3 weeks or less],
# Leadtek PX7800GTX TDH 16x PCI Express Video Card w/256MB ram,
# Chieftec Matrix Lime Green Mid-Tower ATX case(Modded),
# Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3250823AS 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA hdd,
# Teac DV-W58E 12x DVD/CD Burner,
# 3-Delta 120x38mm 150cfm fans(2-cpu fans, 1-exhaust fan),
# 1-Vantec Tornado 80mm 84.1cfm fan(For Chipset),
# 1-Thermaltake 80mm 75.7cfm fan(For Chipset),
# 1-Chieftec 80mm 20cfm fan(door),
# 1-Vantec Nexus black 3.5" fan controller(Blue LEDs),
# 1-Thermalright XP-120 heatsink,
# 2-Noctua NH-U12 heatsinks[buy],
# usb Canon CanoScan D1250U2F flatbed scanner,
# usb ActionStar/LinXcel hub/vga/kvm switch(Shared),
# usb Teac 1.44Mb fdd(Shared),
# usb MS 5 Button Optical mouse(Shared),
# usb BTC AT keyboard w/ps/2 adapter & ps/2 to usb adapter(Shared).

Uhh, you will have some company with the X85 chips. I have some 885's coming in and all 6 of the top dual Opteron motherboards.

Tyan S2895
MSI K8N Master2 FAR
Asus K8N-DL
Gigabyte GA-2CEWH
Supermicro H8DCi
IWill DK8EW

Those are going into a round up and it should be the first time they are all in one review. They will be paired with GTX 512 cards in SLI and Swiftech is sending over a peltier/water cooling kit to pelter every GTX and Opteron in the rig. They are also sending the Meanwell power supplies to power it all. On Thursday the 1KW PC Power and Cooling PSU will be here so I can finally ditch running two PSUs to power the Tyan board I am using now.

Look for much higher scores in the next few days.

Highendtoys said:
Uhh, you will have some company with the X85 chips. I have some 885's coming in and all 6 of the top dual Opteron motherboards.

Tyan S2895
MSI K8N Master2 FAR
Asus K8N-DL
Gigabyte GA-2CEWH
Supermicro H8DCi
IWill DK8EW

Those are going into a round up and it should be the first time they are all in one review. They will be paired with GTX 512 cards in SLI and Swiftech is sending over a peltier/water cooling kit to pelter every GTX and Opteron in the rig. They are also sending the Meanwell power supplies to power it all. On Thursday the 1KW PC Power and Cooling PSU will be here so I can finally ditch running two PSUs to power the Tyan board I am using now.

Look for much higher scores in the next few days.

Why not the H8DCE too?

Highendtoys said:
Asus K8N-DL
Opteron 880s
Corsair 4x512 reg ecc (NUMA)
XFX GTX 512 XXX Edition
72 GB Raptors, RAID 0
Plextor 716 (?) SATA
Mountain Mod Twice7
Thermaltake 680 watt Pure Power
Noctua NH-U 12 heatsinks. I know these are not for sale in the states yet but they are great. Like I said before I have been using them without fans so far.

That was the origional system when I built it. UPS totally destroyed that rig and I am now using a P180 case, older version of the PSU without the 8-pin connection, single 36 GB Raptor and I had to borrow my buddies GTX 512 because mine was wrecked in a shipping accident. The accident was that someone had to have hit my computer with a truck or threw it off something higher than 2 stories.

Over the weekend I went out and purchased a new motherboard just to get it all back up and running. UPS took the old one and split the PCI E slot right down the middle.

Tonight I plan on using fans on the system and a pair of power supplies. I did not have time to do it last night since I was testing 1900XTX in another system.

fedex man, fedex ftw :cool:

The E version is older than the new 8 and i versions.

I will be running a full test later today. It is after 4 am and I have to get to bed.

Yes, Fedex 4TW for now on.

Fedex isn't innocent either, they smashed two well packed rig's I shipped less than 1K miles. Best bet is overnite I think via Fedex, less handling. I'll be looking for your MSI K8N results, I heard it was a very sketchy board, which one's will run SLI btw?

Those Noctua's look sweet! I'm looking for another heatsink ( :rolleyes: ) but want to know if the Noctua NH-U12 performs better than a Ninja. Any ideas? :shrug:

Edit: Nevermind, found a good review here that reckons the Ninja is still the top performer.

Last edited:
Setting world records for 3dmark scores and such is rediculus all it means is that you spent the most money...

twoeyes said:
Setting world records for 3dmark scores and such is rediculus all it means is that you spent the most money...

Why would you comment like this? Yes, It is quite apparent that a fair amount of money has been spent, but this isn't Dell's support forums. This is Overclockers Forums, an Overclocking Enthusiast website; where people do what they see fit with computers, in this case, setting a world record; which will take more pc power than any computer Best Buy carries... To bad there aren't option's to ignore comments such as these. :rolleyes:

twoeyes said:

I think just about everyone on this website (including myself) is registered and posting here because we(at one point or another) spent more than the average human being on computer components and/or electronics. I will use the quote that I always use when someone makes a comment like this:

Why do I spend rediculous amounts of money on my PC and buy the latest hardware? "Because this is what I love to do."

Dom

twoeyes said:

if you want to nag on ppl for spending $$$ then maybe dell support forums would be the place for you.
btw, if you havent noticed he's a hardware reviewer :rolleyes:

Back