• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3D Mark 06--CPU test---World Record

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I want this guys job...
and his money....
and his computer.

And I'm not sure yet, but probably his car too.

Setting world records for 3dmark scores and such is rediculus all it means is that you spent the most money...

He is correct with some things and wrong in others. The people that PLAY 3D Mark know what they are doing. This really IS a game to some of us but knowing how to play it like an athlete is the way to go. You don't think Barry Bonds pays for his own bat do you?

Hey Highend, nice toys. Do you have a full 06 test with the GTX?

With everything at stock speeds, two 880's and two XFX GTX 512 XXX editions the score is 8306. This is a fresh install of Windows, BF II and 3D 06. No Windows tweaks have been performed yet.

TeaBoy said:
Edit: Nevermind, found a good review here that reckons the Ninja is still the top performer.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The Noctua does surprisingly bad at SPCR. It even falls behind the HR-01 whereas it performs on par with it here and clearly beats it here . Don't get me wrong, the Ninja definitely is a superb cooler, but I think it's just about on par with the Noctua. The reviews show different results. E.g. the Noctua is ahead of the Ninja here: http://www.matbe.com/articles/lire/267/comparatif-de-20-ventirads/page16.php

In this review, the Ninja is just a tad ahead of the Noctua: http://www.teccentral.de/artikel/artikel_402_20-Das-Neujahrsroundup-9-Kuehler-im-Test.html

One thing that I find interesting though is that the lower the airflow, the more the Noctua seems to gain upon the Ninja in most reviews (SPCR, Matbe, Teccentral...).

Me I just want to replace an xp120 and a 220cfm fan with the nh-u12 and something slower and quieter(100-150cfm). And not lose too much speed while I'm at It. I'd considered the Tt Sonic Tower of course.

Back