• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800 GT ordered

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Droban said:
This is off topic, but I am looking at your rigs.
I have buffalo pc3200 512 right now, I was thinkin about getting a 512 stick of kingston hyperX pc4000, will these perform well together? My current mobo doesn't support dual channel, but games like farcry are hungry for that gig of memory. My other question is would a 6800 GT be held back with (only) 512 in ram?

FarCry definetly has raised the bar in whats required to have a good gaming experience. I have a gig of pc3200 cas2 ram and it still takes a few seconds to load levels and such, but I have zero harddrive swapping while playing.

The link above when I hit it said pre-order, ETA 6/25/04, I don't think that means you'll have it on Monday. I still haven't found anybody with the the 6800 in any flavor in stock. A couple of threads reference one here, two there, but does that count as stock?

Dragonprince said:
Its called supply and demand, plus I happen to be able to spend cash on a new toy once in a while, so whats it to you anyway? Im thinking only a fool believs he's getting an XT-PE for 435....

supply might be short, doesnt mean one should provide demand and pay ridiculous prices. oh, Ill have my $435 XT-PE (so can you, gatway is now officialy taking pre-orders), and Im getting my $299 6800 GT from BB. I paid for two kick-*** cards what some fools have almost paid on ebay for one. (XT-PE going to 650+). Will keep whichever plays Doom3 better and sell the other on ebay for profit. I understand supply and demand well, I prefer to play the game from the supply side. Good things come to people with patience.

Don't derail the thread, and don't take the flame-bait.

donny_paycheck

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's not start bickering and jeopardize the fate of the thread. I'd like to see this thread through to a conclusion, with benchmark and OC results.

PNY says mine up for shipment today. $499 for the ultra plus $18 ups shipping is a pretty good deal. The site still has them listed as available for shipment.
And I agree, no flame wars!

Well an update on the whole 6800GT situation. I received an email from XtremeGear telling me it was backordered. They also changed the ad on the website monday saying it was backordered. So, I called them and cancelled and told them I did not appreciate the way they listed the product and then changed the listing after they probably took hundreds of orders. I looked at yazz88's claim of Gateway selling X90XT's for 435 and called Gateway myself, they in fact verified yazz88's claim that the X800XT is for sale for 435 dollars so I ordered one of those....
Hopefully someone else will post some results from OCing the 6800GT, but it wont be me unless the Gateway X800XT ad turns out to be the Ol "bait and switch" which I admit, I am expecting. :-/

Back