• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

72c underload for Q6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VeeMon

well i just got my system today and i was free testing with just a 4850 and the cpu and i was going about 34-43 and 50 tops underload. But after i moved everything inside the case added the xtra 4850. I got some wierd CPU Fan Error =/ when i started up and i cant get it to go away. But after prime 95 testing i was pulling 70-72C on all cores o_O

What were your temps outside the caes? What about without the side pannel? I suspect it's due to bad air flow. Wires and slow fans can cause this.

There is also a possibility that the mount came loose so check if everything is nice and snug.

outside the case was low 30's to high 30's around 45-48 full load. But there was no wires/2nd 4850 in there @@ those thing are like fryers

But after i moved everything inside the case added the xtra 4850
I don't know your CPU heatsink configuration, but it's also possible that heat from the video card(s) is being drawn into the CPU heatsink's fan. I had that problem with one of my computers. I fabricated a deflector out of clear plastic that divert hot air rising from the top of the video card toward the rear case exhaust fan.

Open your case side, place your hand above the top video card and close your eyes so you can concentrate better. Try to sense if there is heat rising from the card, and if there is, where it is flowing.

Before doing that though, just open the case side and observe the temperatures to see if they change merely from the case side being opened.

the heatsink is sidewise i think with the fan blowing toward the back of the system/ or through the front vent on my case i think. the fins are pointing up. Anyway i was able to run a fullnights of prime 95 @ 3.4 with 1.25v and the highest temp it reached was 77C while averaging 72c. This was with AC at full blast so my room was around 62 degree.

What case is it?

What fans are intake/exhaust and their location?

Is the PSU top or bottom? If top does it have a fan on its bottom?

Have you tried plugging the tuniq fan into a different header or a 4 pin molex?

i dont recall ever setting any fan settings in bios. but i tried to attach the tuniq fan controller and when i started up the computer after everything was in i got the error. I have an Antec 900 so it pretty cramp in here. Exhaust are 1 on top 2 in hard drive bay and 1 in the back. PSU is mounted on the bottom has 2 fans. Seasonic m12

i dont recall ever setting any fan settings in bios. but i tried to attach the tuniq fan controller and when i started up the computer after everything was in i got the error. I have an Antec 900 so it pretty cramp in here. Exhaust are 1 on top 2 in hard drive bay and 1 in the back. PSU is mounted on the bottom has 2 fans. Seasonic m12

Wait, your front fans are exhaust? They need to be intake, and the top/rear should be exhaust.

Wait, your front fans are exhaust? They need to be intake, and the top/rear should be exhaust.

oh your right the 2 front are intakes xD the top and rear fans are indeed exhaust

OK thats fine then.

And you said the tuniq has its fan blowing through it to the rear of the case?

What temp are your 4850's reporting?

Also, did you try putting the cpu fan into a different plug?

ive tried the pwr_fan one and CPU_fan both were no goes with it so i went in to bio and set ignore/maximum performance on the fan. but i think attaching the speed controller had something to do with the error =/.

here the temperature on the Crossfire 4850

Vid1. 78.5/84.0/79.0 Fan @ 1406 RPM
Vid2. 77.5/80.5/82.5 Fan @ 1225

it might be the Vid card contributing to the heat factor im not sure since when the setup was outside the case those cards were blisstering hot still with all that ventilation.

Your ventilation is fine I think some thing happened when you moved things around maybe you should reset you HSF . have you tried that yet ?

Back