• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7900GTO Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow, it's amazing that I retained the position of having the highest clocked card. Not to mention, the card had 0 modifications, and was just overclocked via Rivatuner... I just sold it a few days ago for $245 :drool: (I think that I purchased the card for $250, and had it for quite some time). I must like downgrading because I went from a X2 4200+ with the 7900GTO and an E6300 Core2Duo with 2 640MB 8800GTS in SLI to a Celeron D with a BFG 7800GS OC (AGP :shrug: )...

xSeongminx said:
Wow, it's amazing that I retained the position of having the highest clocked card. Not to mention, the card had 0 modifications, and was just overclocked via Rivatuner... I just sold it a few days ago for $245 :drool: (I think that I purchased the card for $250, and had it for quite some time). I must like downgrading because I went from a X2 4200+ with the 7900GTO and an E6300 Core2Duo with 2 640MB 8800GTS in SLI to a Celeron D with a BFG 7800GS OC (AGP :shrug: )...

You didn't have the highest overclocked GPU, I had my Core at 729Mhz, and that was just using the auto clock setting on the nVidia driver options. And it produced no artifacts and ran 3d Mark 06 without a hitch. :p :beer:

Last edited:
Dan, is that card liquid cooled? I have often thought I could get more but couldnt figure out the pencil mod from the pictures and don't want to do a voltage hard mod.

Nandro said:
Dan, is that card liquid cooled? I have often thought I could get more but couldnt figure out the pencil mod from the pictures and don't want to do a voltage hard mod.

Nope, I'm using the stock cooler @ 65% fan speed. I'd gladly help you out if you PM me the details of your confusion.

dan

Hey, I just got around to flashing/overclocking my Evga 7900gto and I got it up to 720/880 so far. Thanks for the tools/tips.

dont flash it?

im still stuck on my 693/729 clocks...even with the new driver...AAAAHHHH!!! i want a better overclockable card!!!

[SC]Ceasar said:
dont flash it?

im still stuck on my 693/729 clocks...even with the new driver...AAAAHHHH!!! i want a better overclockable card!!!

I want to flash it because I tihnk the driver detects my big overclock and doesn't want me oc'ing anymore. If I flash to gtx, I should be able to get mem higher =D

Updates!!

More user's OCs added
Added ¨GPU Voltmod¨ information (but no actual voltmod :()
Added ¨Setting fan speed¨ guide
Added ¨Average Overclock¨

BTW, if you have posted but I somehow haven't put you up on the list yet, please PM me. It's 2.39 AM here, so it can occur that I might oversee some folks. Yaaawwwwn.

dan

Thanks for the updates Dan, I'm up there now =D :beer:

I was also hoping you could help me out with my problem though :p

Raptord said:
Thanks for the updates Dan, I'm up there now =D :beer:

I was also hoping you could help me out with my problem though :p

Have you tried making a bootable CD?

Honestly, I'm a noob when it comes to making boot drives with anything other than a diskette. I'll try to look for a solution though.

dan

i tried a bunch of stuff...

If you scroll up on this page, you'll see all my posts about tryign to make a boot-able CD. I can make it, and it works, but whe nI type nvflash M79GTO.rom -4 -5 -6, it gives me an error about an unrecognized command

Back