• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8400GS 128MB low profile, $13.50 shipped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The computer that can't play certain files has a 5200 at stock and intel integrated graphics. It can't play most blu ray rips through vlc but can struggle through all of them with random dropped frames in media portal using mpc

my desktop is a 7200 at 4.0ghz with a 4850 and can play anything in both media portal and vlc

I just picked up another one of these for another rig that is used to watch video. This card has solved all my HTPC issues w/ high bitrate mkv/h.264 files.

The link in the OP points to an expired listing, so here's another listing with inventory. The $13.50 offer still works.

Linky...

That statement is accurate with regards to gaming.

Just installed mine into one of my servers, its so nice to be able to remove that ancient PCI video card lol. ordering a cpl more for some other folding boxes. This is a great deal if you just need some video on a PCI-E board. thanks again to the OP for picking this up.

I got it installed. Still can't play 1080p.

What software are you using, and what format is the video you're trying to play? This is a good guide for setting up H264/x264 video. It mainly focuses on anime, but the same steps apply for anything encoded in the same format.

What software are you using, and what format is the video you're trying to play?

All of them? But seriously, I've tried VLC, mplayer, WPMC, WMP11, KMPlayer, FantasyDVD player, SMPlayer and maybe a couple more. They are x264 which I thought took less power.

I'll go over the guide really well and see what I'm missing. Thanks.

Last edited:
I should clarify that many of my files are 720p, not 1080p. My HTPC is running 1366x768 btw. I'm gonna try some 1080p h.264 content soon. I will say that this card has made choppy h.264 video playback issues go away for me.

Rhetorical question... why is this so hard to get working right? I guess it's a part of the fun, no?

Back