• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED 850 temps - me no likey!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mario1

Grammer, its my favoriate thing
menolikey.png

TMPIN1 shows my CPU peaking at 75c under load, which seems too high for a stock running 850.
Sure, my cooler is the stock Athlon one it comes with, but it still seems too high.
I have 6 fans in total -
Left panel: intake 1x 120mm CM @ 1,2k rpm
Front: intake 1x 120mm CM @1,2k rpm
Top: exhaust 1x 120mm Tsomething (don't remember the company's name) @ 950rpm & 1 x 120mm CM @ 1,2k rpm
Back: exhaust 1 x 120mm Tsomething @ 950rpm
Bottom: intake 1x80mm ???? @ ????rpm
Peaked out at 85c yesterday, so I removed the cooler, dusted it off and re-applied thermal paste, temps are 10c lower under load atm, but its still too high for a "Phenom" (its actually a rebranded athlon 6XX).
Any suggestions?

Dont forget that it can take a while for the TIM to "cure", and the core temps dont look that toasty IMO

Are you sure it requires 1.38 Vcore at default clock? I was thinking a 850 could hit 4.0GHz (245MHz x 16.5) w/ ~1.40V.

Are you sure it requires 1.38 Vcore at default clock? I was thinking a 850 could hit 4.0GHz (245MHz x 16.5) w/ ~1.40V.
Its the default voltage the chip runs at, it could hit the stock 3,3 with way less, but I'm wondering what's up with the CPU hitting 75c on stock settings.

It seems to me the culprit is the high Vcore.
Summer temps peaked out at 60c with ambient temps being in high 20s to mid 30s, its cold as hell atm and I hit 75. :shrug:
Its time for me to upgrade the CPU anyways so I guess I'm cool with lowering the vcore and not searching for a proper explanation on what's causing this.
Marking as solved, thanks for helping out! :thup:
A small edit;
Oh well, 69c under load with 1,275 vCore, I guess its not my lucky day.

Last edited:
The HWMonitor interface in post #1 shows your max vcore is only 1.39. That's not high. Your temps are what I would expect with the crappy stock cooler at stock speeds and voltages. Stock AMD coolers generally yield core and CPU temps in the 55-65c range under load with most all of their four to 8 core CPUs. The single and dual core CPUs like the Semprons and AII Regors will be cooler.

Back