• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8k5a3+ bios flash now multiplier issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zoopa_man

I just recently flashed the bios on my Epox 8k5a3+ board to the latest bios off of Epox's website. Now i'm not able to select any of my multipliers, Before I could. (chip is unlocked)

Now instead of the bios thinking my chip's default mult is 10.5x it thinks it's 10x (AMD Athlon XP1600 10.5x133 is default)

What in the world could be doing this ?? Does Epox have a bad bios or something ? How can I fix this ? I could just flash back to the old bios and probably will unless someone has a reasonable explanation for this. What's going on here ?? Please help.

## edit ##

Though I would add that the new bios revision is K5A32A25

Thank You,

zoop

Last edited:
After trouble shooting for an hour now i've discovered it's not an issue with the bios...it's my CPU !!! Some how it's not unlocked anymore...I can't select any mults in the bios...they all just jump back to 10 So I'm guessing that the L1's are messed up and my unlocking job is broken.

If a mod could just delete this thread....I'll start a new one In AMD cpu's with my updated findings and search for help there. Thank You.

Back