• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700 pro problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syz

Registered
Ever since i reformatted a few days ago my fps in games such as quake 3 go from 125 to 30. Normally it just stays at 125 steady. Now it stays around 30-40. I think i need to update 4in1 drivers, which do i need? I have a ABIT BE7 motherboard.

Well I've updated my bios (flashed bios), updated 4in1's. Still really slow . I get 11000 marks in 3dmark2002, normally almost 15000. wtf is going on???

I would do a fresh install of the OS if I were you. But if you didnt have an ATI card before and you were using Nvidia drivers then possibly you could have driver residue issues. Make sure you clean out all the old drivers that had ANYTHING to do with your prior card no matter what card you had. That includes cleaning out the registry. I use Reg Cleaner for cleaning the registry it works very well. Most of the time when you get lower scores going from different cards there are conflicts with the drivers even though you think you removed the old ones for some reason they seem to hide in nooks and crannys and you didnt remove them. Here is the Reg Cleaner link below try it first.

Remove your current drivers reboot.

Remove the ATI control panel reboot.

Run reg cleaner remove everything that has to do with your drivers if you see anything from ATI delete them or Nvidia.

Then reinstall your drivers control panel and make sure DAO is installed.

If this doent help then I would do a fresh install of the OS.

http://mrswizard.com/reg_cleaner.htm

Back