• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800GX2 up and running

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Rattle, what's going on in that 2nd ss? 25k? :confused:

edit: 2 slow

edit2: I'm guessing it's '05. The 3DMark box looks different.

do the various evga GX2 models all clock to the same max? eg - SSC vs vanilla 9800GX2 have equal OC potential or no?

edit: really a moot question since my only step-up option is the vanilla card. just started the process... #48 in queue :beer:

Last edited:
Yep! Well, its been fun. I'm selling this (mainly just wanted to take advantage of the trade up)...
This is the way I'm approaching the step-up too. I figure the 9800GX2 will fetch a better resale price than the 8800 Ultra at this point. Who knows though, I may keep it if I don't have crazy dual monitor or HDMI issues. The only thing holding me back is that I dread changing the water loop after I FINALLY got it setup lol

@ MikeyLikesItSI (or anyone) how did you get the below to work ?

Deanzo sometimes I have to unistall rivatuner before putting in new graphics card(s) and then reinstall riva after the gpu driver install....just a thought :beer::beer:

Deanzo sometimes I have to unistall rivatuner before putting in new graphics card(s) and then reinstall riva after the gpu driver install....just a thought :beer::beer:

I'll give that a try, and if that doesn't work I'll reinstall windozas well.

I've got 25lts coming tonight, so I have to get it working fast :D

I'll give that a try, and if that doesn't work I'll reinstall windozas well.

I've got 25lts coming tonight, so I have to get it working fast :D

sweet...hope you get it worked out...I'm anxious to see your results :santa:

Back