• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X-E BIOS Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SideShowHaze

Registered
Hi
Need Advice. Just recently put together my machine, and was testing the memory to see how high i can get the fsb which i got @215 with 2-2-2-11. I wanted to get more out of it to about 220 with same timings so a friend suggested i flash the bois to uber 1008 which unlocks other features which might help. So i did and now the computer won't start if the fsb is set over 200fsb, the computer powers on but the monitor won't come on, so i tried to flash the bois again to my original bios but still does the same. I flashed the bois to 1011 before the uber bois and was working fine but ever since uber bios its been CRAP. I've cleared the CMOS and then tried it again but still nothing. I've found a post on how to reflash a corrupted Award bios (link below), so i might do it but has anyone come across this problem before? or any suggestions are welcome.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=299322
My setup is:
XP-M2500
Asus A7N8X-E
2x512 Corsair 3500C2PT
Antec TrueBlue 480w

Cheers

How are you able to flash if the monitor can't come on..?

Anyways I think your Videocard is blown. I went through a very,very similiar problem the other day.

Camacho111 said:

Anyways I think your Videocard is blown. I went through a very,very similiar problem the other day.

Speaking of this, have you guys locked the AGP bus speed? I think mine was creeping which partially caused my video card's death.

Camacho111 said:

The computer will boot up with the fsb set at 200, thats how im able to flash the bios, but if i increase the bios over 200 then thats when the monitor dont come on. So i turn off the computer and the nxt time i boot up, its boots up in a lower frequency but when i goto bios is still holds the same values. So i set the values to 200 and flashed the bios to its original 1008 but still the same. I've cleared the cmos taken the memory out and unplugged the power for about 10-15 min but still the same. Another thing i've noticed is when in Windows and goto My Computer it always takes a few seconds to show My Computer and that every time i go into that screen. Do i have corrupted bios? and I don't think its the graphics card.

Slimmy said:
were did you get the 1011 bios?

asus website only has 1008.

The 1011 bios is a unofficial bios which i got from here which worked fine until the uber bios :temper:
http://torkelom.nettbutikk.no/
After clearing the CMOS all the voltages where put to stock but when i pushed fsb it was [email protected] and CPU [email protected].
I've tried to flash the bios again using the latest AWDFLASH through DOS but this way it does'nt even flash the BIOS.
Any ideas would be grateful.

thanks for the link!

Did any of the others help w/ overclock?

Oh ya i tried the 1008 urber and it ran fine. It didn't like my 9700pro cause it defaulted the apeture size to 128. Don't know why the card and mobo don't like it and won't post. :( But after i put in a pci gforce2mx and put the apeture size to 64 everything ran great.
Also tried 1010 and it sucked mainly cause of the mem settings. It won't let you change then :temper: Weird..

Back