• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Can you give us some more info first? Like what you're currently running it at (voltage/vcore/multiplier/fsb) what you want to run it at, board revision and cooling.

Ok sorry here is the stuff that you might need:

fsb: 100 Mhz
vcore: 1.75v.
mult: 10?
mb rev.: v1.0
cooling: Standard 6500 rpm. Runs at about 46 Deg. full load

Is that enough to help a little bit?

I have tried to get the fsb past 105 and it doesn't run completely stable after that.

The A7V uses the KT133 chipset...don't expect much past 107fsb...105 is about average. You CAN shoot for a bit more by cooling your PLL as described in this article .

Most overclockign will come from the multiplier though, and upping the voltage will yeild good results.

I'd reccommend upping your voltage, but if you do so using the jumpers, then you should be running BIOS version 1008 or higher...if not then you will have stability issues if you change from the default Vcore.

What do you mean by standard cooling? If its pretty basic cooling, I'd recommend getting something a bit more overclocking friendly, just check the heatsink statistics on the main page.

BTW, you mentioned getting past the 900mhz mark. Well, if you are at 100fsb and a 10x multiplier, thats 100x10=1000mhz. So, you probably aren't running a 10x multiplier.

If your cpu is unlocked (L1 bridges are connected) then you can change your multiplier.

I do not recommend using the Jumperless mode on this board. The A7V will have a higher and more stable overclock when you use the jumpers and dip switches.

Good luck!
Mike

Breadfan
Thanks that tells me basically all I needed to know, I will try this out. Right now it is setup as bios version 1007 and everything is in juperless mode except the voltage to the cpu. The fan is good, but might be ready to go for something a little better. Yeah sorry about that, it is at a 9 mult.:D

Not a problem. Definitely get atleast the 1008 bios though, it'll keep you stable when you change your vcore, plus, it give a TON of settings for memory timing that aren't in the 1007 bios.

The stability issue is a big deal, basically you'll crash in IE like every 20 minutes...funny cause for me it didn't seem to crash as much in 3d games, lol...oh well atleast they fixed it.

Mike

Back